Ratings for Dr. James P. Chandler

Dr. Chandler has been my saving grace for the past 4 years. He saved my life, and for that, I am internally grateful!! I would recommend him to everyone!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

Doctor Chandler is an amazing Doctor. My father had a super rare brain tumor, Doctor Chandler did everything in his power to help my Dad. We spent a significant amount of time at Northwestern under Doctor Chandler and Doctor Grimms care. When my Dad was first referred to Chandler I saw these reviews and was worried. However, it only took meeting Chandler in person once to put all of my families fears to rest. Doctor Chandler is brilliant, any nurse or Doctor at Northwestern will tell you that. Don't let reviews about his personality, etc. scare you away.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

Dr. Chandler sat and answered all my question, I never felt. I had scheduled surgery in three weeks and when my situation changed he got me in for surgery a couple days later because he felt it would be better not to wait. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2016

Dr Chandler is a very knowledgeable and respected surgeon (it is clear from all other doctors and nurses in the hospital). That said, he is not as strong as providing patient education - if you ask, he tells a good answer, but if you don't ask then you don't get told. I also found there to be a lack of foresight about complications (even if minor) that could occur after a major brain surgery. He was going through a nurse transition and the timing to get to things was below expectations. I believe he is strong and a good choice on the actual surgery was made, but the follow up was/is left all up to me.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2016

Dr. Chandler was very rude and condescending regarding my daughters evaluation. He talked down at her and also used his finger while being rude. He did not answer any of her questions properly. Just one word basis and was reluctant to answer her question. When I was on the phone trying to ask of my daughters condition he was also very rude with me. When a patient is so hurt inside the last thing you want is a very unkind Dr. I will be filing a formal complaint on him and his staff which I will circulate at all places so that this may not happn to another patient. He is not a good Dr. He has no bedside manners and is a very unkind Dr. His behavior needs a serious look at.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

I was recommend to Dr. Chandler oater experiencing constant headaches. He ordered an MRI for me which I got done at the amazing Northwestern facility were the staff was very caring. Dr Chandler immediately reviewed my results and assured me that I had no major cause for concerns. Dr. Chandler explained in detail the results and made me feel comfortable and at ease. His staff has checked up on my several times since my jnitial visits which is a rare things for such highly sought after doctors. I felt privilege to be cared for by such a wonderful Doctor and Staff!!!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

I was refered to DR. Chandler in August of 2014 because of a persisting head ache. Dr. Chandler consulted with me and recommended I have an MRI conducted to make sure nothing was wrong. I had heard great things about DR Chandler prior to my consultation, I have to admit. All that was said regarding this doctor is 100% true. While I was dealing with a very stressful time he was a god send and was able to walk me through my illness and ensuring I had the proper support. He is the greatest, highly recommended!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

Excellent!! His care really helped my nephew during a very difficult time.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

I had been recommend by another doctor to gwt a second opinion. Dr. Chandler ordered an MRI for me which I got done on September 8, 2013 and it's already September 16th what's the hold up. Dr. Chandler and staff are careless, andnegligent, and have no concern to get back to the patient in a respectful amount of time eith test results. I was told that I would get my results in two to three days (Sept. 10th or 11th), then I was told by Thursday or Friday (Sept. 12th or 13th) and now it's Sept. 16th.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2013

Dr. Chandler saved my life. He removed a tumor from my brain in 2006 and I did not experience any pain or complications from my surgery. Dr. Chandler ranks with the best in his field. This man is awesome!

flag | Submitted July 24, 2011

Dr. James P. Chandler's Credentials

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

HIP