Ratings for Dr. James P. Chandler

Dr. Chandler performed emergency brain surgery on my son after he was hit by a car in Chicago. Thanking God he was the man on call and he did a beautiful job for my Jeffrey!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2018

He is arrogant and thinks he is God’s gift to neurosurgery. Terrible bedside manner! Regret my decision to let him touch my husband.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2018

So I had a rare and very difficult tumor that 4 neurosurgeons told me was inoperable. The last neurosurgeon I saw said that if he had the same problem he would goto Dr. Chandler. At that point I knew he was my guy. Dr. Chandler removed skull base tumor without complications. I was home in3 days!!! I love this doctor. He is a gift from heaven!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2018

I have not had surgery as of now, but I have met with him ànd members of is staff twice. He is such a wonderfull pèrson, warm, informative, has very warm, polite and caring demeanor. He and his staff creates an environment that is relaxed and stress free (although you r there for a life threatening or changing problem) he brings to the room a sense of calmness, he answer all your questions and explain what you donot understand. He has been a wonderful doctor on the two office visits with him. I trust in God (Jehovah) 1st who bless and guides Dr. Chandler in a caring way, which he gives to his patients, warmth, caring disposition, assuramce and confidemce that he will take care of you through a very turbulent time . Thanks and all allegiance to our God (JEHOVAH) for such a wonderful, pleasant and knowledgeable doctor.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2017

Dr. Chandler is a compassionate doctor with masterful surgical skills. He saved my sons life on more than one occasion!!

flag | Submitted November 13, 2017

Dr. Chandler has been my saving grace for the past 4 years. He saved my life, and for that, I am internally grateful!! I would recommend him to everyone!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

Doctor Chandler is an amazing Doctor. My father had a super rare brain tumor, Doctor Chandler did everything in his power to help my Dad. We spent a significant amount of time at Northwestern under Doctor Chandler and Doctor Grimms care. When my Dad was first referred to Chandler I saw these reviews and was worried. However, it only took meeting Chandler in person once to put all of my families fears to rest. Doctor Chandler is brilliant, any nurse or Doctor at Northwestern will tell you that. Don't let reviews about his personality, etc. scare you away.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

Dr. Chandler sat and answered all my question, I never felt. I had scheduled surgery in three weeks and when my situation changed he got me in for surgery a couple days later because he felt it would be better not to wait. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2016

Dr Chandler is a very knowledgeable and respected surgeon (it is clear from all other doctors and nurses in the hospital). That said, he is not as strong as providing patient education - if you ask, he tells a good answer, but if you don't ask then you don't get told. I also found there to be a lack of foresight about complications (even if minor) that could occur after a major brain surgery. He was going through a nurse transition and the timing to get to things was below expectations. I believe he is strong and a good choice on the actual surgery was made, but the follow up was/is left all up to me.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2016

Dr. Chandler was very rude and condescending regarding my daughters evaluation. He talked down at her and also used his finger while being rude. He did not answer any of her questions properly. Just one word basis and was reluctant to answer her question. When I was on the phone trying to ask of my daughters condition he was also very rude with me. When a patient is so hurt inside the last thing you want is a very unkind Dr. I will be filing a formal complaint on him and his staff which I will circulate at all places so that this may not happn to another patient. He is not a good Dr. He has no bedside manners and is a very unkind Dr. His behavior needs a serious look at.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

Dr. James P. Chandler's Credentials

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)