Dr. John J. DeBarros

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. John J. DeBarros

I would do it again. Friendly, Helpful staff, and Dr DeBarros and Dr. Ortis were great. A very pleasant, happy experience.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

The Dr's and the staff at WLIA have been great. They are very helpful and knowledgeable about the entire process. I would recommend them to anyone who is considering. Thanks

flag | Submitted April 8, 2017

If you want the best weight loss doctor and staff; go to WLIAZ! Dr. Debarro's is highly intelligent, motivated, and caring. His staff are always there to help! YOU CANNOT GO WRONG!

flag | Submitted November 21, 2016

I am so glad I made the choice to see Dr. DeBarros. He answered all my questions and it made me feel like I was making the right decision to get the lap band. The surgery went smooth and I have already lost 50 pounds. The staff at all of his offices are friendly and make me feel like a friend, not just a patient. Thanks Dr. DeBarros

flag | Submitted July 9, 2016

For many years I have tried and failed to lose weight so in desperation I decided to turn to weight loss surgery. After doing some research online I decided that Weight Loss Institute Of Arizona was right for me. I met with Dr. DeBarros and Dr. Orris at my initial consultation. They were both friendly, professional, answered all of my questions, and alleviated any concern I had about the procedure. I was very satisfied with the care that I received and am greatly looking forward to my procedure.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

Dr. Debarros and his staff are amazing they helped us with everything and we did not have to worry about anything. they have truly changed our lives for ever. thank you so very much! AG

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

The staff is awesome here they are a good team and work together to make you feel comfortable if you are a first timer with surgery like myself. He is super helpful and make me feel that really cares. I would recommend this location if you are taking this choice for your weight loss.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

The WILA Staff is very nice and helpful. Dr. Debarros was very nice as well and made me feel confident in the Sleeve surgery. I know this is the right one for me!!! -James Sons

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

The nurses are very personal, kind, and helpful. They make me feel comfortable and at ease with each procedure and follow-up. I thank Dr. DeBarros for helping me with taking the next step in my life.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

My initial meeting was in October 2015. The consultation lasted several hours. My blood was drawn, I had an EKG and then consulted with a Nutrionist, Insurance personnel and then the Doctor. I found everyone to be very professional and courteous. No pressure to do anything. Can't wait to get my life back in April 2016 with Dr. DeBarros doing a sleeve on me!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

Dr. John J. DeBarros's Credentials

Dr. DeBarros is committed to the health and well-being of his patients through a team approach that includes weight loss surgery, diet, exercise, and educational support. Dr. DeBarros is a firm believer that the goal of weight loss surgery is long-term success, not just surgery. He firmly believes that individualized patient care is of paramount importance.

• University of Connecticut

• Held position as Chief of Surgery, Tempe St Luke’s Hospital
  • Held Directorship at: Tempe St. Lukes, Iasis Healthcare, Surgical Hospital of Phoenix
  • Bariatrics surgery Fellow