Ratings for Dr. Roy Baker

I have never seen a medical professional be so rude and uncaring!!...After being assaulted, my right arm and legs would become flaccid depending on position/movement of my head and neck, lost fine movement of right hand which did not recover... He ordered MRI... He and his staff mockingly told me there could be no problem because I took a scheduled "vacation". Which involved my husband driving me to my mother's to rest for a few days. I was not given any time off work, I even wrote a letter to him explaining all the problems I was having...communicating, memory, loss of consciousness, unable to rest or sleep, driving, every element of daily living....When Iasked his assistant if I was cleared to have a procedure which was scheduled prior to the assault that required my head to be turned in a position which caused my right arm and legs to become flaccid.....she looked at me and said, "Of course. He told you there was no problem." She shook her head and snickered like I was joking. When I woke up from the procedure I was paralyzed on my right side for 36 hours...thankfully that resolved....I saw another doctor regarding my problems caused by the assault. He scheduled me for surgery....which was cancelled because I was required to go back to Dr Baker...He laughingly told me there was no problem....my mother accompanied me, after traveling 12 hours to come for my surgery. And, the fact that my husband was so angry by the way Dr Baker and his staff had treated me previously....Dr Baker told my mother " you can go home because only a fool would do surgery on that neck." She tried to explain how much trouble I was having. He said" Well if you keep looking, you will find someone to cut on you" ......he stormed out of the room...A few months and two opinions later I had a cervical fusion which relieved the symptoms. I would never refer anyone to this man.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

I waited for him to come in forever and when he came in was rushed in and out and nothing. No help with the pain and no information on what can be done on my herniated disk. And then an overcharged bill. I will be getting my file and another opinion. If I seen the reviews I would have went somewhere else instead of wasting my time. And get a rude phone call on how they will recommend physical therapy.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2017

My mother, who was 75 went to see him after an accident involving her neck. He told her she didn't have any problems. She sought a second opinion 3 months later and had her neck fused at 3-4-5-6-7, she could have been paralyzed because he neglect to do his job. Find another Doctor this one needs to retire.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

In & Out with no review of records nor explanations and his personal office office staff (nurse/assistant) were beyond rude. Other docs at this practice (ie: Dr. Arredondo & Dr. Ammar) will offer a second opinion with kindness, patience, and respect.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015