Ratings for Dr. Marie L. Christensen

Poor slow service. Poor communications and billing. Extensive wait times.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

While the doctor seemed to be thorough and spent a great deal of time understanding patient needs, as another has mentioned, she is opposed to providing crucial referrals. I believe she puts some sort of financial gain before the medical attention her patients need.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

The only problem I have is the excess wait time for your appt. I always wait 45 min to an hour to be seen even with an appt.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2011

Dr. Christensen is a very good doctor, but the office is very difficult to deal with. They will not accept faxes from pharmacies and will not send faxes to drug suppliers. That makes it very difficult to get prescriptions. They shut their phones off when they are not there including at lunch. It is very difficult to contact them.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2010

she does the whole "treat and street" thing, to her i am merely a number in a database. i am convinced she does not remember me. very cold. does not respond to requests for prescription refills by any means of communication aside from actually going to her office and giving her your hard earned money. i am switching doctors. she might be educated, but she completely missed out on being human & being courteous. she's as caring as a robot.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2010

I have never had anything but the best of care. Always spends time with me to ensure all is covered

flag | Submitted January 11, 2010

Building and Office are relatively new. Some of the staff is nice and well-intended. Some of the staff is clearly incompetent. Dr. Christensen is ok, not overly friendly. What someone needs to be aware of is: that they appear to be rather stingy in providing referrals to specialists, and even though my insurance allows me to go to about 30 diagnostic imaging centers that are closer (including one in the same building) to my home than Boston Imaging, the office wanted me to go to Boston Imaging (apparently they have some special arrangement with them). I don't know if there's a profit motive involved in these matters, but it's rather disconcerting. Also, sometimes, misinformation is provided- whether intentional or not(sometimes it appears to be intentional). Be aware that Christensen can be (apparently) overruled by Dr. Barimo. Therefore, you may or may not like his decisions, e.g.- can you see a specialist,get a certain test performed, etc. Look out for $ motive with some decisions.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2009

As a new patient, I was nervous about seeing a new doctor for the first time. However, from the moment I walked in the office I felt as if I had been a patient for years. Dr. Christensen is not only thorough, she is caring and genuinely concerned about every aspect of your health. She takes the time to listen to your concerns and that is rare in today's world of physicians that are so overbooked that a patient is clearly a "number". I was even able to reach her on the weekend by her cell phone when an unexpected tragedy struck our family. She was incredible. I certainly will be making Dr. Christensen our family doctor, and I don't just trust my family to "anyone". To sum it up, she goes the extra mile and gets the highest rating in every category from this patient.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2006

Dr. Marie L. Christensen's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio (Grad. 1993)