Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey Barber

Saw Dr Barber today for the first time. Reviews on here really freaked me out that he would be difficult. He was the opposite. He was empathetic and caring. We even cracked a couple of jokes. His manner is direct but I prefer that. I have another appointment next week with him and I am feeling good about it.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2018

Very punctual, but he misdiagnosed me. I lived with that misdiagnosis for about 5 years before i was properly diagnosed by another psychiatrist. Although doctors can make mistakes it never hurts to get a second (or third) opinon.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2018

Dr. Barber is a brilliant pyscharstist. I have learned many new things about my bipolar from him. He always listens and is great all around Dr. I always feel like he cares. Being crazy is terrifying so having a good Dr. on my side makes it easier. Would recommend him to anyone looking for a knowledgeable and empathetic psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2018

When I first saw Dr. Barber I was disappointed but only because I didn't know the difference between a therapist and a psychiatrist, and so I had expectations for how I wanted it to go. Once I realized that psychiatrists are biological/medical specialists and I knew what to expect I was incredibly happy with Dr. Barber. He was very patient and willing to take the time to answer all of my questions and make sure I understood his answers, and he was willing to work with me to find a way forward that we could both be happy with. I really got the sense that he wanted to help. He's probably not the person to go to if you want to work through your issues without medication, but if you're at the point that you think you might need that extra help, he's the person to talk to.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2018

At first I was let down by his diagnosis (can not edit poor review) but now I’ve accepted his observations, and know them to be true. He’s been very helpful in my understanding of the mental issues I struggle with. Sugar coating helps no one.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2018

dont waste your time, talk to a friend , get better advice

flag | Submitted September 4, 2017

I saw Dr. Barber several years ago after suide attempt, and left his office feeling more depressed and worthless. If I could give a rating for helpfulness a zero, I would of. I am happy to say that I came out my depression without help of Dr. Barber or the pills he wanted to give me. He is the most emotionally constipated doctor that I ever gone to.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

There are some people out there who expect a psychiatrist to be a miracle worker. Mental illness isn't necessarily something you can 'cure.' It is an on-going ailment, and its nice to know there are doctors like Dr. Barber out there falsely telling patients that they can be 100 percent cured. . He can help lessen symptoms. He can listen, and diagnose, and, offer suggestions. He's not there to be your best friend. That isn't his job! I've seen him for many years now. He has a great, dry sense of humour, and I appreciate his candour. He's helped me a lot.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

Does not suggest, recommend or encourage any therapy other than pharmaceuticals. Paints a bleak picture of the diagnosis given, offering no hope of recovery or possibility of improvements.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

Ignorant, over reaching for his role, robotic, seems like he has Asperger Syndrome, arrogant and rude. He seems to have little insight to just how appaling his bed side manner is, unempathetic and stiff. Makes sweeping judgements on little info, typical pathologizer, male medical model ignoramus.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017