Dr. Kenneth Cutbush's Credentials
Accepting New Patients
Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients
Dr Cutbush is a specialist Orthopaedic Shoulder Surgeon. He passed his first part surgical examination in 1994, being awarded the Gordon- Taylor Medal. He completed his orthopaedic training, becoming a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS) in January 2003. He went on to undertake a year of accredited upperlimb fellowship training at the Princess Alexandra Hospital (PAH). Dr Cutbush received the Shoulder and Elbow Society of Australia (SESA), Travelling Fellowship in 2011, visiting shoulder surgeons in France, Italy, Switzerland and Denmark. He is as a corresponding member of the European Shoulder & Elbow Society (SECEC). As well as his private appointment at the Brisbane Private Hospital (BPH), Dr Cutbush has public appointments at PAH, and Cairns Base Hospital. He is actively involved atBPH as Chairman of the Patient Care Review Committee and a member of the Medical Advisory Committee. Ken is chief supervisor of an Australian Orthopaedic Association (AOA) accredited Fellowship in Shoulder Arthroscopy and Arthroplasty at PAH and BPH. Ken is actively engaged in Australian surgical societies. He is a member of SESA and The Australian Hand Surgery Society. He is the Immediate Past President of the Queensland Hand Surgery Society and Secretary of the Queensland Shoulder Society. He is the Queensland Chairman of the Australian Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons (ASOS) and a member of the RACS Queensland Regional Committee as well as Scientific Secretary of the AOA Queensland Branch and member of the AOA Queensland Branch Committee. As scientific secretary, he is responsible for supervising the teaching programme for Queensland Orthopaedic trainees and convener of the Queensland AOA annual scientific meeting. Ken is a member of the AOA Federal Research Committee and a member of the RACS Surgical Science and Clinical Examinations Committee contributing to the Anatomy subcommittee. The University of Queensland recognised Dr Cutbush for his work teaching medical students, fellows and colleagues; research; and his contribution through leadership roles when it appointed him to Associate Professor in 2016.
- The University of Queensland (Grad. 1991)
Areas of Expertise
- Frozen Shoulder Treatment
- Dislocated shoulder
Awards & Recognitions
- Shoulder and Elbow Society of Australia International Travelling Fellowship
- Gordon-Taylor Medal, Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
Publications & Research
- Stainless steel versus titanium volar multi-axial locking plates for fixation of distal radius fractures: a randomised clinical trial
- The treatment of trigeminal neuralgia by posterior fossa microvascular decompression
- All Arthroscopic Latissimus Dorsi Transfer
- All Arthroscopic Technique for Reconstruction of Acute Acromioclavicular Joint Dislocation
- Idiopathic scoliosis and pineal lesions in Australian children
- Arthroscopic Latarjet Stabilisation of the Shoulder with Capsulolabral Repair
- Capitellar Fractures - Is Open Reduction and Internal Fixation Necessary?
- Scapholunate ligament reconstruction
- A method for internal fixation of unstable distal clavicle fractures: early observations using a new technique
- Early experience with the TriMed fragment-specific fracture fixation system in intra-articular distal radius fractures
- Melanocytic lesions excised from the skin: what percentage are malignant?