Ratings for Dr. Robert H. Bush

I went to see doctor because he was recommended on here. My visit was ok. I went in with a problem and came out with no explanation of what we were looking for. Did basic labwork and had to request urinalysis. Nothing done about sinuses and sore throat.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2011

I recently moved to Columbus and went to see Dr. Bush to become established. It was easy to get an appointment within a reasonable time frame. He and his staff made me feel at home. His nurse telephoned me with the results of my labs about three days later and reassured me that all was fine. I had a pleasant experience and would definitely recommend Dr. Bush for anyone looking for a new primary care doctor. He does not have a PA so you will be seen by an MD.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2010

My family has seen Dr. Bush for 10 years. He has always taken time to listen to us and to respond to our needs. He has never been uncaring although he is not one to over react or give medication that may not be needed. I consider that responsible on his part. He has referred us to other doctors when it was necessary. I find him to be caring.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2010

I have been seeing Dr. Bush for more than 5 years for treatment of my High BP and Diabetes. He is an excellent physician who has a great bedside manner. It is easy to schedule an appointment within a day or so and sometimes I can be worked in the same day if I have an acute problem. He does not use a PA so I get to see a real MD which I really like. The office staff is friendly and efficient. Usually I am in and out within an hour of my appointment time. He still sees inpatients at St. Francis so if I have to be admitted I know he will be seeing me in the hospital. If I need to be referred to a specialist, he knows who is the best choice for my problem. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2010

Love him. Knows my family, and remembers our history. Takes time with you. Excellent listener.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2009

My experience with Dr. Bush was very bad. I had a very limited amount of symptoms, but the only thing he did was a VERY basic check-up, and wrote me a prescription. He did not tell me what was wrong with me. I think he had the feeling that I was just trying to get a doctor's excuse, which was not the case. He laughed in my face and ended up walking out on me and leaving me very confused.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2009

Diagnosed a leg condition that turned out to be neuropathy, not what was diagnosed. Tried to tell him about second problem I was having and since I apparently didn't state that at the time I made my appointment I was ignored on that issue. He is very plesant, seemingly never hurried and doesn't get angry that I have ever seen and appears extremely patient with and teaches his staff in a cordial and professional manner. His special interest is gastrointerology per the licensure agency. Very careful in prescribing medicines - you must have a valid medical need and you must see him. He will not give you medications he does not believe you need.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2008

Extremely busy office. However, the wait time isn't too long. He is a very pleasant physician and gives you adequate time to talk about your problem. My only complaint is that he tends to obtain a diagnosis and then cements his opinion after that time. For a few years, he treated me for gastrointestinal pain with Prevacid. As time went on, I complained about another type of pain and he insisted it had to be the same issue. I took matters into my own hands and asked for a referral to a specialist. It turned out that I had gall bladder disease. I switched physicians when the office later lost my blood work for another medical issue. I think he knows his prefession. He just has too many patients to tend to in the course of one day and depends on an office who has to treat the patients like a cattle line up.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2006

Dr. Robert H. Bush's Credentials

• University Of Louisville School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal