Dr. Carolina R. Monserrat

Ratings for Dr. Carolina R. Monserrat

I complained about an ache. I was told that I needed to point to which tooth. I could not so the Dr. could not help. After several years of intermittent pain and eventually feeling a tooth behind the molar, I asked if it could be a wisdom tooth. Dr. checked but said she could not see anything. I went to another dentist in town and that dentist took an x-ray that showed the wisdom tooth pushing on the molar. My child needed two teeth filled. Child in chair only ten minutes. Four months later child complained of pain and rough edges on tooth. Dr. said filling had fallen out. Insurance only pays for same tooth after two years so I had to pay and unfortunately it was a two-surface filling so I had to pay more for that. I was upset. I felt first filling was probably a rushed, botched job. I should not have to pay for bad service. One of the assistants walked into room and asked office manager what was wrong. Office manager said out loud that I was mad that I had to pay.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2014

i called for appt to check why my tooth hurts on both right and left lower part, I gave my insurance information the day before my appointment. They did xray on full mouth on first visit and did filling, deep cleaning and gum cleaning. I had the impression that they called my insurance and was told my copay was $65 which I paid. Yesterday I got the denial of the insurance $1500+ charged, I asked why I am not covered for all the things she did to me and the insurance told me doctor should have called for authorization first but they did not. I called the billing person in charge she told me that because I was complaining for pain they did not ask for authorization I said I wished she told me that and know I am stuck with these bills, the pain still there and another pain added to my my pain in the pocket. I do not recommend this dentist. This dentist does not know why I am in pain.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2012