Ratings for Dr. John L. Stanley

This doctor, if you can call him one, is worse than a vet, rushes you through your appoinment, refuses to call you back, has his nurses or medical assistants call you back with test results, even bad ones and when you have questions, they have no idea how to respond. I actually heard him once in the backround coaching the poor MA on what to tell me. No grapes I guess. I finally had to leave the practice and am totally thrilled with my new doc. Like night and day !!!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2009

I've been seeing Dr. Stanley for years, and I used to be very fond of his. He is personable and generally seems to care. However, over the last couple years, I must echo other patients' sentiments that he is extremely difficult to schedule with (catch as catch can), and seems rushed and distracted. This very negatively impacts the level of care I receive from him and the accuracy of his diagnoses, and I am very seriously considering leaving the practice. It's too bad, too, because I used to recommend Dr. Stanley often; now I don't feel comfortable recommending him to anybody.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2009

What people (like previous comments) don't understand is that medicine is not what it used to be because of insurance company demands. THEY REGULATE how long a doctor spends with patients, and treatment. Be forewarned...many doctors will probably retire early because they cannot control patient healthcare. It is the INSURANCE COMPANIES that dictate treatment. However, I stuck with Harbor Medical through its intial growth to now, and am not sorry I did. They have convenient medical facilities (Xrays etc) and try to expedite all patients as best they can. One note to all..you must learn how to speak to medical staff. It is important to stay calm and focused, even though it is often difficult. It helps them help you. I value my physician-patient relationship with Dr. Stanley and his staff and hope to continue to do so.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2008

Dr. Stanley is my primary care physician and only about 1 out of 10 times that I call can he *actually* see me, or is he even there. I had to visit the ER multiple times for bronchitis that Dr Stanley didn't treat well enough. One of those times, I ended up with walking pnemonia. The last time I saw him, I was complaining of strong fatigue, nausea, vomiting, low-fever. He tested me for mono, and it came back negative, low and behold I took a pregnancy test a few days later and discovered I was pregnant.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2007

he was always on time! -. because he rushed you through in 15 minutes, sometime spent telling you statistics related to your problem, half listening and unhappy if you had more than one or two concerns. Misdiagnosed fungal infection (diabetic) in ear, prescribing antibiotics which made fungus wand pain worse. Sent in two skin biopsies in one vial, because he was sure there was no cancer. there was cancer on one piece of tissue. He made no record of where the biopsies came from on my head. the Surgeon he sent me to was unable to know which missing mole to operate on. I left the surgery table when he started to anesthetise the wrong side of my forhead.After being in one hospital for 4 days for emergency Ankle surgery, I came home in a ketoacidotic state because of the lack of insulin I received. At Stanley's suggestion I went to the emergency room of another hospital, was admitted to the ICU room with a fever & vomitting. I was there for 4 days-NEVER HEARD From Dr Stanley!orDidHeRemember.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2006

Dr. John L. Stanley's Credentials

• Spanish

• West Virginia University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Top Hospitals in Pembroke, MA