Dr. Tanya Sehgal

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Tanya Sehgal

As I think of where I was at these moments last year, I feel beyond blessed and grateful and am compelled to say thank you to those who were there for me. I Met Dr. Seghal November 2015 when I attend a walk-in clinic in North York to confirm a positive home pregnancy test. She referred me to the most amazing OB at an incredible OB clinic and She has been mine and my daughter's doctor ever since. From immunization to the removal of stitches from my daughter's 1 and a half year old face and everything in between Dr. Seghal has treated my daughter with nothing less than love, care, kindness, patience and absolute gentleness all while supporting me through the mom stuff. As a first time mother full of fear and not sure what to expect, I can honestly say I don't think it could have been any better an experience then it was. My respect for Dr. Seghal and her practice has only continued to grow. This time last year, I went to her about my very obviously gravely ill father who was very visibly suffering from cancer. As an old school European who had not seen a doctor in 35 years, you can just imagine his apprehension and absolute resistance. Dr. Seghal happily agreed to see him if he ever gave up fighting. Within weeks, he continued to decline rapidly and weeks if not days away from death he surrendered. March 2018 to date has been one incredible journey for my father and I, physically, mentally and emotionally. Dr. Seghal walked and continues to walk this journey by our side. After seeing dad and his test results, she jumped into action. She knew the quickest way and best place to get us the help we needed. From after hour calls to email exchanges galore, from numerous visits to Emergency to doctors weekly visits Dr. Sehgal was right there through it all with us. Not only is she mine and my daughters doctor she is now my fathers as well (a man who avoided doctors for 35 years) and never once do I hear a negative comment come from dad when he is scheduled to see her. If that isn't a testament to the kind of truly caring doctor Dr Sehgal is, I don't know what is. I can never thank her enough or put into words what she has done for me not only over the last year but from the moment I met her. May she never change and be blessed with the same true caring loving kindness she gives out.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2019

The comment made earlier about physical appearances and country of education was absolutely disrespectful and has nothing to do with the qualification of a doctor. She is an amazing doctor!!! I feel like I can be open with her and she listens attentively to what I have to say before offering advice. She is very knowledgeable and always provides the best solution to my problems. Unlike some doctors, she never pushes her own agenda but does what’s best for me. I recommend her to anyone that needs a doctor who will listen to their needs and they can feel comfortable around.:)

flag | Submitted March 2, 2019

Last year, I moved to Brampton and was in dire need of a new family physician and my sister referred me to Dr. Tanya Sehgal. From the moment I first stepped into Dr. Sehgal's office, I have received nothing short of optimal care. Dr. Sehgal has gone above and beyond to ensure that all my health questions and concerns were not only addressed but done so with the utmost compassion, professionalism & knowledge. I know and trust that my health is in great hands with Dr. Sehgal. My husband and I are trying to expand our family and it hasn't been an easy journey but Dr. Sehgal has been there for us and has taken all the necessary steps to get us ready for this next chapter in our lives. And if you're reading this Dr. Sehgal, I just want to thank you for all that you are and all that you do. We look forward to growing old with you ♡ R. Virk

flag | Submitted March 1, 2019

I started seeing Dr. Tanya Sehgal, alittle more than 2 years ago, and she has truly been amazing. I was having a hard time getting pregnant and with her help and advice my husband and I welcomed our little baby girl into this world this past October. My daughter was born quite small, and she took the utmost care of her and together we got my daughter to a healthy weight. She is so compassionate and a true professional. I have since recommended her to my sister (who is also her patient now, and is quite happy), and my sister-in-law, who is patiently waiting to have her as her family doctor. For these reasons and more, I would recommend Dr. Tanya Sehgal. Kim V.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2019

First off, the comments made about Dr. Tanya Sehgal’s appearance are completely uncalled for and absolutely despicable. I had been looking for a well accredited and knowledgeable physician for about 5 years. In that timeframe I been to a lot of offices and met a lot of doctors. None of which made me feel 100% comfortable or confident with the given information. I agree that the wait, at times, can be very frustrating and tests ones patience. However if you step back and look at the bigger picture, Dr Sehgal takes the necessary and required time with each patient to provide them with utmost care. My experience with her being my doctor has been phenomenal. Her service and care has been nothing short of excellence. I have referred her to all of my family and friends. She is a great listener and asks all the right questions to be able to provide the best advise and solutions. Therefore, the disgusting reviews that were written below are untrue. As humans we come in all different colours, shapes, and sizes. So those factors should not discredit the knowledge and qualification she poses. -T.G-

flag | Submitted March 1, 2019

If someone is fat or thin or black or brown, doesn't mean, they are bad doctors. I feel bad for someone who makes comment on not only someone's appearance but also on a country as well. I have been her patient for last one year. she is a good doctor and completely vouch for her. Rajat

flag | Submitted February 28, 2019

She is a great doctor. She always take good care of us and give sufficient time till we are satisfied. She always go through all the reports one by one. She takes every small issue very seriously. She referred us to specialist without a delay. She also set up appointment for ultrasound on urgent basis when it was required. Cant ask for more. Thanks..

flag | Submitted February 26, 2019

I’m not a fan of the receptionist- I find her rude and not very patient or helpful. The rest of the staff are nice even at the pharmacy. Tanya Sehgal is easy to talk to and looks for solutions to any medical issues you may be having. The wait time is horrible. Last time I waited over an hour. Feels like I might as well go to a walk in. I like the doctor, but I will probably look for something else in the near future.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2019

Last year, my parents immigrated to Canada and we started their family care with Dr. Sehgal. My parents are very pleased with the way she looked into each minor detail for their care plan. My wife and kids were also mainly visiting walk-in-clinics as our earlier family doctor was in Toronto. Therefore, we all decided to move to Dr. Sehgal family clinic. It has been for more than 8 months and we are very satisfied. She is very compassionate and intelligent. She took proactive approach when serious intervention was required for my health concern. She is excellent with kids and treats them well. I like the option of initiating appointment through an online system.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2018

I've been seeing Dr Sehgal for over a year now and she's been great. She is very knowledgeable, and very thorough. She referred me to a great gynecologist & has a very friendly demeanor. She is easy to talk to and makes you feel very comfortable. I've referred all family members and friends to her. I do usually have to wait at least 20-30 mins when I go to see her but she is definitely worth the wait.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2018

Dr. Tanya Sehgal's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University of Manitoba (Grad. 2014)