Ratings for Dr. Dianna Yan

I thoroughly do my research on doctors before I visit them. I normally would not have chosen to accept an appt at Dr.Yan's practice considering her very negative reviews on other websites, but I needed to be seen asap for a gyn condition & her practice is open on Sat afternoon. The waiting room was a very uncomfortable place:discomfort & staleness in the air. I was impressed by how front desk receptionist not only did insurance/check in duties at the front, but also acted as translator for many of the Spanish-speaking patients AND took vitals. I was surprised by how Dr. Yan was dressed for being a doctor (not in scrubs or white coat, just an overly formal nice skirt suit from the '90s, w a lot of makeup & done up hair). I was preparing myself for the worst, but alas, I was pleasantly surprised! She listened to my concerns, responded kindly & sympathetically. If you are efficient & prepared as a patient, I would recommend her. I can see how she may come off as brusque to others though.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2013