Ratings for Dr. Nicholas H. Psimos

I had an implant, procedure was not easy, and it was done is two main stages. 1st stage was a sinus lift. I opted for local vs general anesthesia . The procedure was not painful at all, Dr Psimos is such a professional surgeon, he explained each step in detail. I was not nervous, I knew I was in good hands. Since I opted for local anesthesia I was able to dive home by myself. I got a call from Dr Psimos at night, then again the next day. My face was a little bit swollen and bruised but I was told that it is completely normal. 2nd stage was done 5 months afterwards. This time the implants were inserted, local anesthesia , I could feel of course the drilling but absolutely no pain. Dr Psimos called at night to check on my status. 4th months after the implants were inserted I finally got the green light so that a dentist can install the crown, and was awarded with two 10 dlls gift cards to pannekoeken. Yeah!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

My husband and I both had extractions with Dr Psimos and I cant recommend him highly enough he was attentive to our needs and made us both feel at ease . His assistants are top notch and caring. I hd extractions both under general and local and never experienced pain before during or after . He followed up calling me personally at home the next day (Saturday ) I will recommend him to anyone and have . Several people I work with also have seen him and are pleased with his work.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2015

I had four of my wisdom teeth extracted, and I had a quick and speedy recovery. Although my surgery went well, I felt that Dr. Psimos nor his front desk staff gave me the time of day to answer my questions or hear out my concerns. The only pleasant and approachable people were the dental assistants. Dr. Psimos has terrible bedside manner, and his secretaries spoke down to me as if I couldn't understand English. These ladies were rude over the phone as well as in person. However, my dentist referred this office so I decided to stick with them since I needed the procedure done asap. Very poor decision on my part. I am appalled at how rude and disrespectful the front desk ladies were. The terrible customer service is the main reason why I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone I care about.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

He may have done an OK job on my procedure but his manners are lacking. I felt rushed and uncomfortable during initial consult but went through with it anyways as he was a referral from my dentist. I felt he was rough and talked down to me. I sent an e mail about it to him hoping for better customer service, and next time I was in he confronted me on the e mail and talked down to me instead of apologizing and trying to ask what could be done to make the situation better. He literally scolded me for the e mail infront of his staff and no apology and try to figure it out. Very poor way to handle the situation.I'm all paid up though so what does it matter to him. His staff also seems fairly stressed as well and not happy.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

My dentist recommended I go to Dr. Psimos to have a lower molar extracted. On the referral form the dentist office filled out they checked please contact patient. Dr. Psimos's staff never called to make an appointment. Over a year later I went back to the dentist and they made another referral to Dr. Psimos to remove the same molar, checking the box requesting they contact me again. They did not. They made an appointment without my knowledge and did not inform me of the date or time. I found out from my dentist simply because they mentioned it in passing. I have called multiple times to try to speak with his staff about my appointment and they have not called me back. I am so frustrated with their lack of communication that I will be looking for a different surgeon's services. They have lost a customer and I will never recommend them to friends or family.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2013

Dr Psimos extracted two of my superior back molars back in 2003, he was very gentle and explained the procedure. I chose local anesthesia over general anesthesia. While applying the local anesthesia on my palatal. I remember that he said, hey you can complain if you want, I know that this is painful. I think he was very professional. Now that my son needs his wisdom teeth to be extracted I will take him to Dr Psimos.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2013

An outstanding doctor. I would not have expected better care any where in the world. This was for an extraction and implant. World class

flag | Submitted December 30, 2011

He tries to explain and give you options as much as possible, he prefers putting you to sleep rather to make things easier. I had three wisdom teeth extracted, and it was a positive experience (it is not fun, but better than my expectations).

flag | Submitted July 6, 2011

bad he seemed like he was clueless and was just pulling a tooth for a check.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2011

This doctor has a horrible bedside manner. I went in for a consultation for oral surgery and was very uncomfortable. I will not be going back.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2010