Ratings for Dr. Abraham Winkelstein

My husband and I went to Dr. Winklestein for years. The last few years all he focused on was fatty liver disease. When my husband became very ill we tried multiple times to get in for a visit. He was too busy with end of year patients who had met their deductible. When we did get in he never put my husband on the table to palputate his stomach, he pushed on him a bit sittting in the chair. He did order a ct scan but because of lack of detailed notes and noting the pain my husband was in his ct scan was denied by insurance. My husband continued to get worse and on deaths door we paid out of pocket for the ct. turns out he had a 10cm mass in his abdomen. If Winklestein would have put him on the table for a real exam maybe he would have felt it. We will never trust him or go back again.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

For scheduling always have to leave a call back number. Calls were return from 6 hours to 3 days later. Once never. Follow up is very poor. Once, no follow up until I initiated the call. Last follow up on a blood test was a copy of the lab results received in the mail with no explanation. This doctor did my colonoscopy twice before and I was very satisfied with him but staff and follow up is now unacceptal.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015