Dr. Ramsey Stone

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Ramsey Stone

My wife had benign nodule on thyroid gland and we were in dilemma of removing or leave it! Dr. Stone explain each details with risks of surgery vs not. Surgery on any part of body is always scary and trying out and can put anyone in worst condition. But Dr. Stone made us feel very comfortable with assurance he provided about what/how he does etc. We definitely would recommend him for any such needs.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2019

Had a hernia surgery at Presby Plano. Fantastic surgeon and a gentleman. Very happy with the surgery and the pre and post-op care and would certainly recommend all my family and friends to him.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2019

Dr. Stone performed a double hernia surgery on me and I can't be more pleased. One of the best doctors I have ever met. He is strongly recommended

flag | Submitted March 1, 2019

My husband was very aprehensive since this was his only second surgury in 60 years. Dr. Stone and his staff are godly and professional. I was so glad to have found him.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2019

Dr. Stone performed two surgeries for me and both went better than I expected. Excellent Doctor.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2019

Dr. Stone is simply the best! I am not only a patient but also a physician and incredibly discerning customer of medical care, and I can say with complete conviction that Dr. Stone epitomizes the integrity, respect, care, and expertise anyone would expect of their physician. He and his team were patient, kind, and responsive to every need required to get me through my surgery and recovery. You can rest at ease in the confidence that Dr. Stone is one of the best surgeons around.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2019

Dr.Stone is the best doctor in DFW! He just removed my gall bladder 1/22. I healed fast and the four cuts you can hardly see. He offered prayer with my Daughter & I . I would trust him over & over again! Best Regards, Elisa

flag | Submitted February 5, 2019

I had the privilege of meeting Dr. Stone after confirmation of a hernia during my annual exam. Dr. Stone came highly recommended, so I made an appointment to have my hernia looked at. He confirmed the diagnosis and found a second hernia which he said could be repaired during the same surgery. He was very up front and honest with my wife and I during the appointment. I felt very comfortable with Dr. Stone performing the procedure and knew I was in good hands. He is a caring surgeon and treats his patients as individuals. I would highly recommend Dr. Stone to anyone who needs operative care for the list of procedures he performs. Thank You Dr. Stone!!!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2019

I had hernia surgery on new year's eve!! Haha! When I saw Dr. Stone to set the date, I told him (even though it was towards the end of December), I would really like to have my surgery before the start of a new deductible, fully thinking it couldn't happen, he said "sure, I have a few that day, but think it can happen"! Then when I went in to book the date, I saw the picture on the wall in his office I needed to see to let me know I chose the right doctor. I was happy with everything about him, he was very polite and informative. On the day of surgery, he came in again and spoke to me, asked if I had questions and gave me all my options. But, he did something I NEVER experienced before from a doctor. He very politely asked fir permission to pray with me before surgery. I was so happy to see a doctor instead of thinking he was God, humble himself TO God and asked for his hands to be guided and to heal. It was short and to the point! I never felt he would be upset if I said no- he would respect that as well, he would pray privately, although I was completely delighted ..and prayed with him! My surgery was non- incidental . I am healing very well, but then after such a wonderful experience, why wouldn't anyone?! He is a knowledgeable, caring and thoughtful doctor let alone, human being. I'm going to have to thank my primary care who recommended him highly! I hope I don't have to see him professionally again, lol, but if I do, I am fully confident in this doctor's skill and heart!! I know exactly who I will choose first!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2019

Dr. Ramsey Stone is an excellent general surgeon. He is kind, caring and compassionate. If only all doctors had the same bedside manner. His knowledge of the procedure was comforting and he spent all of the time with me that I needed to get my questions answered. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2019

Dr. Ramsey Stone's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Stone graduated from Washington University in St. Louis with a degree in biomedical engineering. His educational experience had an emphasis on robotics and advanced technology. He completed his medical degree from U.T. Southwestern Medical School in Dallas. He then went on to complete his residency in general surgery at Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas. Dr. Stone lectured at Baylor about emerging and future technology in surgery and specifically about transoral incisionless fundoplication. He is board certified in general surgery and is considered a leading voice in the field of advanced surgical technology and techniques. From Dr. Stone: I would like to take a chance to introduce myself and to explain what your experience under my care may look like. I am not your typical surgeon. I do not see you as a number or a statistic. I see everyone that walks through my door as a wonderful, unique person that was purposefully created. With that said, I am not here to sell you a surgery or get you into something that will not specifically benefit you. Everyone is entitled to being completely appreciated and heard. I hope that my time with you can be spent fulfilling these goals. Medicine (and especially surgery!) is an ever-changing landscape that is both exciting and challenging. I take great strides in being on the forefront of this field. The rapidly changing technology and advances are important to grasp and implement when possible. I feel like my background uniquely positions me in a way to most fully integrate technology into the world of “tried and true” surgical techniques. Learn more at: www.RamseyStoneMD.com

• English
  • Spanish

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 2005)
  • University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas (Grad. 2005)

• Inguinal hernia
  • Umbilical hernia
  • Cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal)
  • Gallstones