Dr. Ramsey Stone

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Ramsey Stone

Sudden Gallbladder issue, test results on Wednesday and I was able to get into see Dr. Stone on Thursday, his great assistant Sonya was able to get me into surgery on Friday, 7:30am. Dr. Stone is very compassionate, caring, knowledgeable, even said a prayer with us before surgery. I have no problem or reservations about recommending him for you or your family

flag | Submitted October 12, 2018

I had Right inguinal hernia surgery on 9-19-18 I can tell you all went real good. Dr Stone is definitely an extremely highly skilled Dr, with very close attention to detail. From the first office appointment, to completion of the surgery, Im feeling great and I will without a doubt recommend Dr Stone for surgery procedures to those I come across. Your gonna Love the office staff, their a hoot! J Parrott

flag | Submitted October 7, 2018

Dr Stone performed two surgeries at once on me , He told us everything that could happen through surgery and Kept my wife informed of everything going on. He even said a prayer before going in to surgery which was very comforting . And a big shout out to his team also.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2018

Dr. Stone is extremely kind, informative and professional. His staff (both at the office and the surgery center) was also very helpful and professional. The procedure and recovery could not have gone more smoothly and I would highly recommend Dr. Stone.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2018

I was kind of apprehensive going into Dr. Stones office, especially since I picked him by looking online. Yes I needed surgery, and that felt scary. Every single person in Dr. Stone’s office and surgical center were on point, on time and lovingly kind and attentive. I also felt very calm with Dr. Stone saying a prayer before my surgery. It’s refreshing to find a surgeon who edifies God, not acting like God. Since my surgery 2 weeks ago, I've referred 5 people to Dr. Stone! Thank you!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2018

I cannot enhance any further the patient comments already recorded here. He is to the point, compassionate and supportive before and after surgery. My groin has now endured the 3rd and FINAL repair!. Can't thank him enough. And to add a humorous note, had dinner with my daughter last Sunday, and she was telling us how she just loved her doctor and his whole demeanour to her upcoming Gall Bladder surgery, and come to find out it was also Dr. Stone! Highly recommend him and his support staff.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2018

After being diagnosed with gallbladder problems I was very fortunate to get a referral to Dr. Stone. He is extremely knowledgeable, professional, personable and very easy to talk with. He was very clear about what he felt my condition was and how the surgery would proceed. After surgery he thoughtfully and without being in a rush discussed the successful outcome with my wife. His entire staff was wonderful throughout. I highly recommend him , his team and staff!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2018

Dr. Stone was very humble and made us feel comfortable. He is quite personable and intelligent and made sure we understood the diagnosis, prognosis and outcome before having surgery. His office staff is also caring and supportive!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2018

Dr. Stone was able to use robotics to do a minimally invasive surgery to repair an inguinal hernia that had been previously repaired by another surgeon. The previously installed mesh had failed, but Dr. Stone was able to do the repair using Robotics with just 3 small, one-inch incisions. Having previously been through general surgery for hernia repairs, I can attest to the much less invasive surgery being far less painful and the recovery being much easier. Dr. Stone advised me that he might have to do a general surgery if unable to correct the slipped mesh associated with the previous surgery, but he took the extra time to complete my surgery using Robotics and save me the additional pain and recovery time of more traditional surgery. Thank you.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2018

Dr. Stone is the best of the best in his field! He was able to do a minimally invasive surgery when every other physician I consulted with told me it would be a much more invasive and longer recovery procedure. He explained everything to me very simply and with a calm tone that put me at ease. And the most impressive part was that he offered to pray with me right before the surgery - such a breath of fresh air compared to most in the medical field unfortunately.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2018

Dr. Ramsey Stone's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Stone graduated from Washington University in St. Louis with a degree in biomedical engineering. His educational experience had an emphasis on robotics and advanced technology. He completed his medical degree from U.T. Southwestern Medical School in Dallas. He then went on to complete his residency in general surgery at Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas. Dr. Stone lectured at Baylor about emerging and future technology in surgery and specifically about transoral incisionless fundoplication. He is board certified in general surgery and is considered a leading voice in the field of advanced surgical technology and techniques. From Dr. Stone: I would like to take a chance to introduce myself and to explain what your experience under my care may look like. I am not your typical surgeon. I do not see you as a number or a statistic. I see everyone that walks through my door as a wonderful, unique person that was purposefully created. With that said, I am not here to sell you a surgery or get you into something that will not specifically benefit you. Everyone is entitled to being completely appreciated and heard. I hope that my time with you can be spent fulfilling these goals. Medicine (and especially surgery!) is an ever-changing landscape that is both exciting and challenging. I take great strides in being on the forefront of this field. The rapidly changing technology and advances are important to grasp and implement when possible. I feel like my background uniquely positions me in a way to most fully integrate technology into the world of “tried and true” surgical techniques. Learn more at: www.RamseyStoneMD.com

• English
  • Spanish

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 2005)
  • University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas (Grad. 2005)

• Inguinal hernia
  • Umbilical hernia
  • Cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal)
  • Gallstones