Dr. Ramsey Stone

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Ramsey Stone

I needed my gallbladder removed and came to Dr. Stone for that reason. He is charming, knowledgable and caring. I had complete confidence in him when I met him. I could not have had a better experience with him, his office, and the medical center where my surgery was performed. His office staff is also helpful and will go the extra mile to get insurance all figured out (Thanks Sonja and Robin!) Everyone has been amazed at how easy the recovery has been. I have 4 tiny incisions that will be barely noticeable. I'm no longer having any pain and I would not hesitate to see him in the future if anything else comes up for me or my family. Absolutely a wonderful doctor!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2018

Dr Stone was great. I was well informed of my condition and what i would expect after the surgery. I was very touched that he prayed with me and the family before the surgery. I would recommend Dr. Stone to anyone. He is very gentle, very caring , knowledgeable and professional.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2018

I am two months postop from getting a fair sized lipoma removed from my chest by Dr. Stone. I am a breastfeeding mother of two young babies and their majority caretaker. I was also only two months postpartum when I had surgery. Aside from Dr. Stone's expert care in my physical well-being, he also catered to my emotional needs regarding surgery before, during, and after. My dealings with Dr. Stone and everyone on his staff put me at such ease with each part of this process- not a small feat to a mother in the throes of postpartum anxiety having to leave her babies. From understanding the details of my procedure, to scheduling, and insurance, it would be impossible to imagine a better experience. It says a great deal about a doctor/practice when the staff is genuinely happy and has a sincere heart to serve. Dr. Stone also prayed with me before taking me back to the OR and it was such an awesome thing to have before surgery. I was able to receive the exact care that fit the needs of myself and my family for which I am immensely grateful. Dr. Stone is currently monitoring my umbilical hernia and I couldn't be in better hands. This is definitely the surgeon for you!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2018

I had to have an emergency appendectomy 11/28/17. What impressed me most about Dr. Ramsey was the fact that before he took me into the surgery while my family was still in pre-op with me he wanted to have a word of prayer before we went into the surgical suite! Never have I ever encountered a surgeon willing to put his skills into God's hands. I thought that was the sweetest and most awesome thing a surgeon could ever do before taking a patient into surgery. I recommend Dr. Ramsey to anyone who needs surgery he is absolutely the sweetest, kindest, most caring surgeon I have ever had with the many surgeries I've had over the last several years! Nancy Barton--Garland

flag | Submitted February 8, 2018

Dr Stone was fantastic. I felt perfectly safe in his hands. I was completely informed on what my issue was, what to expect before, during and after the procedure. Everything went very well, and my recovery was better than expected. I loved that he prayed with us before the surgery and I knew I was in good hands. I would highly recommend Dr Stone to everyone.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

Outstanding surgeon. And great staff. The surgery procedure went great, and there were no post surgery issues and little discomfort.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2018

It was a comfort being a patient of Dr. Stone. He made me feel quite at ease with the surgery process and explained it to me very clearly. The staff in his office and at the hospital were absolutely FANTASTIC to me and my family. The topping of it all was when Dr. Stone prayed before the surgery with me and my family, not knowing that I am a Senior Pastor. It was a blessing. Thank you. Pastor Derrick Johnson

flag | Submitted January 5, 2018

Dr. Stone was referred to me by my PCD, him and his staff was awesome.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2017

Dr Stone was recommended to me by my nephrologist and surgeon for a laparoscopic peritoneal dialysis catheter placement. He thoroughly explained the risks and the benefits of the procedure, and discussed the procedures with my cardiologist, cardiac surgeon and anesthesiologist. The procedure went as planned with minimal pain. From initial consultation to post surgery follow up, Dr. Stone was compassionate, caring, knowledgeable and professional. I'm addition, he also prayed prior to the surgery and I felt very blessed and knew that I was in good hands. My family and I appreciate all the Dr. Stone has done and the level of confidence he displayed. We would highly recommend him should their be a need for his services.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2017

He was recommended by my GP. I was very pleased with his nature, professionalism, organization, and skill. Surgery (double inguinal hernia) went smoothly and as expected. Diagnosis was correct. No pain or nausea medicine was required. Would highly recommend Dr. Stone.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2017

Dr. Ramsey Stone's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Stone graduated from Washington University in St. Louis with a degree in biomedical engineering. His educational experience had an emphasis on robotics and advanced technology. He completed his medical degree from U.T. Southwestern Medical School in Dallas. He then went on to complete his residency in general surgery at Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas. Dr. Stone lectured at Baylor about emerging and future technology in surgery and specifically about transoral incisionless fundoplication. He is board certified in general surgery and is considered a leading voice in the field of advanced surgical technology and techniques. From Dr. Stone: I would like to take a chance to introduce myself and to explain what your experience under my care may look like. I am not your typical surgeon. I do not see you as a number or a statistic. I see everyone that walks through my door as a wonderful, unique person that was purposefully created. With that said, I am not here to sell you a surgery or get you into something that will not specifically benefit you. Everyone is entitled to being completely appreciated and heard. I hope that my time with you can be spent fulfilling these goals. Medicine (and especially surgery!) is an ever-changing landscape that is both exciting and challenging. I take great strides in being on the forefront of this field. The rapidly changing technology and advances are important to grasp and implement when possible. I feel like my background uniquely positions me in a way to most fully integrate technology into the world of “tried and true” surgical techniques. Learn more at: www.RamseyStoneMD.com

• English
  • Spanish

• University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas (Grad. 2005)

• Inguinal hernia
  • Umbilical hernia
  • Cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal)
  • Gallstones