Ratings for Sheila Turris

I was asked by a mental health advocacy team to schedule a meeting with "Doctor" Turris, a nurse-practitioner who has had several complaints filed against her at their agency. This nurse-practitioner completed her PhD on the topic of predicting heart attacks. After meeting with her, I can only presume that she already had her dissertation written before defending it. I have never met a more condescending, derogatory, sarcastic nurse in all of my years in medicine, and I am going into my 42nd year in the medical arts this year. I am dismayed, astonished, angered, and saddened that this nurse-practitioner continues to instil the kind of deep anguish in her patients that she attempted to instil in me. NO ONE should use the medical system for their personal gain in this manner, but nurse-practitioner Turris has and continues to do so. It is with great sadness that I must now contact the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia and begin a tribunal, but I would rather work to get her out of the medical system than continue to read report after report of how she is brutalizing her patients and violating the Patient-Nurse Contract with them, as she did with me.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015