Ratings for Dr. David Dorsey

I have been on a medication for over two years, so when I switched insurances, I assumed Dr. Dorsey would have no problem keeping me on it. To my horror , the doc had no idea what the medicine was. I'm pretty sure he actually looked it up on Wikipedia while in the room with me. He ended up writing a prescription for me, but once I got to the pharmacy I found out that he didn't send the right paperwork. It's been two months, and his office has yet to get it right.

Submitted December 15, 2014

Dr. Dorsey seemed knowledgeable but was uncomfortable managing my diabetes without an endocrinologist. His request would be reasonable for most but I have managed my type 1 diabetes for over 20years with an average HbA1c between 6.5 and 7.2. My cholesterol and other labs followed suit. Why see a specialist? The other issue that hindered his performance was the passive-aggressive nature of his nurse. I provided a sample bottle of teststrips to correctly enter the brand into the computer, she entered something different. I recently converted to mail order pharmacy to save money. The pharmacy faxed 2 copies of the request; the request was not completed. The nurse/ office state that the forms were never received; giving them the benefit of the doubt, its possible. They lost credibility when they said the issue would be handled that day (Thursday) and waited until the following Monday to fulfill the request. I am fasting to conserve insulin.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2013