Ratings for Dr. Johann Nel

Hes been our Dr since taking over Dr. Colgan and am very happy with him. He listens to what you have to say and have never had a problem with him. I like how he doesnt use pills as an answer and works to find the best solution to illnesses that work for you. He is awesome with kids and takes the time to get to know you and doesnt treat you like a #. He doesnt act like a know-it-all and genuinely cares for people like a Dr. should. Some of the staff are rude but the young blone is awesome and friendly. He is usually 5-10 mins behind most times, but I dont mind as he never rushes you out the door.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

My family doctor for 2 years. No complaints at all.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

Very personable and professional, listens, great with kids. I have never left his office feeling dismissed or like my concerns haven't been taken seriously.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

Dr Nel is very personable, always taking time to talk to me. Dr Nel has patience to help me through a very difficult time. He is professional and goes that extra mile getting me referred to a specialist or places that I feel are so important to me. Dr Nel is diligent in his follow-ups. The staff of Highland family practice are polite and helpful as required. I would highly recommend Dr Nel to anyone. We are very lucky to have him in the Comox Valley.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

Dr Nel listens well and has a wide knowledge base. He is prompt with referrals and tests and has a good bedside manner.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

Great with kids, listens and explains thoroughly. Kind bedside manner and spends the time needed.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

We are very fortunate to have Dr. Johann Nel who is filling in for our Dr who is away for a year. This Dr is very thorough and is not afraid to refer you on to a specialist if needed. He follows up on all results and has spoken via phone with me which lots of doctors don't do anymore. This doctor has a great bedside manner and never watches the time clock he listens and acts accordingly. We are truly blessed to have this wonderful Dr. If not for Dr. Nel I would never have had a rapid referal to a neurosurgeon last time I fell through the cracks.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2013