Ratings for Dr. Gary Leong

Dr. Leong is our family doctor and l find him the best one can honestly expect or have. A gifted doctor and we are so happy and lucky to find this gem of a doctor. Way to go Dr. Leong.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

Dr. Leong is very polite, always shakes hand as he sees me and interacts with great care and respect. His prognosis has been 100% and he is a great doctor with great ethics and moral standards.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia list Dr. Gary Leong as actively accepting new patients. When you call to set up an appointment where you are directed to a voicemail rudely advising you not to leave a message repeatedly as they are not accepting new patients. They don't want to even waste their time deleting voicemails as its a waste of their time. I have an idea.... Change your status on the College of Physicians web site and stop wasting everyone's time. What a sad state of the medical system.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

My most respectable and dear Dr. Leong and your team at Herlad Street Health clinic; please accept my most profound best wishes for you all for a most wonderful 2017 year ahead. May you all soar into the new year-2017 with great energies, happiness, team spirit, care, joy, peace, love, affection, advancements, breaking new frontiers of your professional strengths, health, prosperity, spiritual contentment and all the most fulfilling and the most lovely year of your life and may the forces of negativity be lost into some black-hole of the outer space before finding your way. Dr. Leong you helped me and saved my life. If I'm able to type these lines, its all for your great care and support, as if God had descended on earth to lend a hand to a crushed and badly injured person-me who was run-over by immoral and criminal mafias of Canadian Government, only for doing what I was ordered and supposed to do and in respect of my Oath to this great country of my choice. You gave me a sense of being and pulled me back from almost total disaster and life threatening circumstances. My words of thanks are too small compared to your hours and hours of healing therapy and all the care and your humanistic integrity and top-notch medical professionalism correcting my body functions and touching my spirit that has brought me back to at least some feelings of life (which seemed impossible... as I'm not sure about man-made God that is introduced to us by the society since we open our eyes in this strange world or God's involvements as he seems quite helpless and restricted... but You definitely filled that void) from easing a bit of three years of life threatening and life changing constant pains and sufferings, yet seems long way to go... Dr. Leong, you are a LEGEND. God (the one who is indefinitely far beyond the human understanding, Whose attributes start far beyond where our minuscule minds and intelligence is lost into black-holes...) speed and following seas to you Dr. Leong and your fantastic team; a humble Thank You and HAPPY NEW YEAR and all the best life can offer you all. Keep on smiling and doing your great work. Cheers.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

First doctor to ever shake my hand at each appointment like I am a person, not just "another patient". He is super efficient about getting specialists' referrals when needed and shows a quiet, deep compassion (on top of seemingly superb medical knowledge). I am so lucky to be his patient!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

We are Dr. Leong's patients since three years and have had great experience. Always takes time, discuss the issues in details and advises accordingly. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2016

I DISAGREE THE BELOW FEW NEGATIVE COMMENTS, it seems that these complainants or blamers have had their own personality clash or something... Honestly, I', amazed how good is this Dr. Leong and I have had over 40 visits or so and never felt the way these couple of negative writings below.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2016

He doesn't believe in hormones so was extremely unhelpful. He also believed my bad sleep was from being worried or depressed even though I said that was not true. I later found out through private testing I actually had stage 2 adrenal fatigue causing my problems and bad sleep. So telling me every appointment that it was all in my head was unhelpful.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

I found Dr Leong to be very polite and appear to be listening but did not follow up on test results or recommendations from specialists. He seemed to feel he knew more than they did and became very defensive when I tried to discuss their recommendations to the point that he refused to discuss a possible change in drugs and told me "you tell me what drug you want and I'll write the prescription".

flag | Submitted December 14, 2016

I am sad to say that I had a bad experience with Dr. Leong. He spent too much time explaining that he only gets paid for 15 minutes and that he can only hear one issue per visit. Other doctors would have more tact and would still be able to stay within the 15 minute time frame without making such a fuss about it. This is unnecessary and gives a bad impression in a place that should be about healing, not billing issues. Also, I didn't feel he was really engaged in my well being, and he was rather judgmental and unfriendly. Perhaps it is a style that works for some patients somehow, but it didn't work for me.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016