You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Gary Leong

Excellent doctor. He has always been on time and is an emergency he will be able to get you in the same day. The front staff if so friendly and helpful with young children. He is good manner, very gentle and patient with children. Good experience so far and love the downtown location.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

I was really excited to see him the first time, however, I was waited at least 20 mins after my apportment time, and the whole time of visiting takes about 15 mins, and I basically had 2 issues, and he only talked one and won't talk more and ask me to come back another day. I scheduled another appointment and it will take another at least 15 days to book another appointment. And when I visit him the next time,I was late because the location is really hard to find a parking and he has an policy that charge 30 dollars for late apportment and won't see the patient at all.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

I am lucky enough to have this Dr. Gary Leong as my GP. I have complex health problems, and he goes out of his way to assist me. He is one of the few doctors that allow very quick follow up appointments. He takes the time to listen to me and to provide all treatment options. Without him I would be in deep trouble.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

Supposedly he is our family doctor. However, after our initial visit, it has been impossible to book an appointment with him. We have called 4 times and left a number of messages to get no response. It's probably the fault of his office staff and not him, but it's very frustrating. I guess we'll be looking for another doctor....

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

After moving to Victoria I discovered Gary Leong was the only doctor accepting new patients. As a result my expectations were low. I have been very satisfied with him and consider him to be one of the best physicians I have had in my 67 years! He has been very caring and easy to communicate with. His advice and treatment have been sound and the referrals he has given me have been very good.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015

Be forewarned--although it does list dr Leong on the College of Physicians website indicating he is accepting new patients, this is not true. After seeing his name, and finding these reviews which seem to show he is a decent doctor, I attempted to navigate the office's phone system which was very frustrating. Although I followed the prompts, I kept getting transferred to the naturopath's office whose receptionist was quite awful to speak to. After finally reaching the voicemail for new patients, the message is that Leong is not taking new patients, does not have a waitlist, and any messages left on that machine will not even be listened to. Such a shame because he seemed like a good guy, but I am left feeling very defeated.

Submitted November 23, 2015

I've moved around Canada a lot with my work so I've had a lot of doctors over my years. Dr. Leong is by far the best Doctor I've had which is surprising considering how difficult it is to find a doctor in Victoria. He isn't overly quick to write a prescription for you until he knows all the issues and then lays out options before writing the prescription. He is very friendly and has great listening skills. The listening skills part of it is rare these days so now that I plan on staying in Victoria, he'' remain my doctor so long as he's practising.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

My Wife and I feel very fortunate to have found a family physician that is as personable, punctual and knowledgeable as Dr. Leong. We have lived and worked across Canada and at times have had no doctor and other times poor care. This Doctor is spot on.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2015

Dr. L is efficient and friendly and you have 15 minutes to discuss your symptoms, potential diagnoses, and treatment(s). Book one appointment per problem. Come prepared with a list of symptoms and questions. Bring a piece of paper and a pen to take notes. Examine your LifeLabs results on line and ponder their significance. Keep track of your blood pressure via the machines at some grocery stores.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

Dr. Gary Leong's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent doctor. He has always been on time and is an emergency he will be able to get you in the same day. The front staff if so friendly and helpful with you..."

May 10, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I was really excited to see him the first time, however, I was waited at least 20 mins after my apportment time, and the whole time of visiting takes about 15 m..."

February 10, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I am lucky enough to have this Dr. Gary Leong as my GP. I have complex health problems, and he goes out of his way to assist me. He is one of the few doctors th..."

December 3, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Supposedly he is our family doctor. However, after our initial visit, it has been impossible to book an appointment with him. We have called 4 times and left a ..."

December 2, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "After moving to Victoria I discovered Gary Leong was the only doctor accepting new patients. As a result my expectations were low. I have been very satisfied w..."

November 24, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Be forewarned--although it does list dr Leong on the College of Physicians website indicating he is accepting new patients, this is not true. After seeing his n..."

November 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I've moved around Canada a lot with my work so I've had a lot of doctors over my years. Dr. Leong is by far the best Doctor I've had which is surprising conside..."

November 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Gary is extremely efficient and very helpful and his staff are always friendly. Very lucky to have him as my doctor"

November 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My Wife and I feel very fortunate to have found a family physician that is as personable, punctual and knowledgeable as Dr. Leong. We have lived and worked acro..."

October 23, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr. L is efficient and friendly and you have 15 minutes to discuss your symptoms, potential diagnoses, and treatment(s). Book one appointment per problem. Come..."

October 20, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "He is condescending and will only help you for the allotted time. He asked me some very personal questions that I found inappropriate for a doctor to ask. "

September 30, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Interesting comments in the post below. Sounds like it was written by the good doctor himself."

September 19, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Coming from a life sciences background, Dr. Leong is one of the better doctors I've seen. He is punctual, clear and succinct, and has his patients' best interes..."

September 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My husband and I have been fortunate enough to have Dr. Leong as our family doctor for some time now. We are in our 60's and have lived in a variety of provin..."

September 10, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "He seems to care more about getting you out of the door, rather than your concerns, fears or health. He's unwilling to refer to specialists or put you on a wait..."

August 14, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "100% agree with the previous comment. He is completely presumptuous and condescending. He also has an intimidating demeanor, which is not what you want in your..."

August 13, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Presumptuous, condescending and completely unwilling to view patients outside of a cookie cutter ideology."

August 3, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Leong does provide good care, however trying to book an appointment is near impossible and difficult. I understand that is is very busy in the medical offi..."

June 12, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "This doctor is amazing. He really wants to solve the problems you have. He does regular check ups and advises you right. "

May 22, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I spent 6 very long years without a GP. Getting Dr leong was an amazing blessing. He is thorough, polite and punctual. He is the ONLY doctor I have ever had do ..."

May 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I've never seen a doctor be on time before. He is so honest and down to earth. he listens, he gives you his advice but lets you have a say in your health care...."

May 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Leong is a fantastic physician. He is on time, has a great bedside manner, and provides clear treatment plans. The front desk staff has always been very he..."

March 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He is one of the best doctors I've ever had. He's on time, he listens, he's never rude or impatient. On top of all that, he's personable too. I'm beyond thankfu..."

March 28, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "he is the most impatient doctor I have ever seen. I'm even scared to talk to him about my problems"

February 24, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Appointments are always at the time scheduled. Very friendly doctor who doesn't make you feel rushed. I am blessed to have such a great family doctor!"

January 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Maybe the people who find the front desk rude are the rude ones. I have never experienced rudeness from receptionist."

January 19, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Leong is my new family doctor and so far I am very pleased, except for the front counter staff. There have been two different people at the desk, both are r..."

November 21, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Leong for many years before he relocated to Victoria. He is a great doctor who takes the time to listen to his patients. I never felt rushed when se..."

November 11, 2014
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Leong is a good listener... just wish he would use the hand sanitizer before he shakes your hand and not after. Reception is not friendly, either in person ..."

October 30, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Wonderful MD. Professional personable and knowledgeable. I consider myself lucky to have such a great doctor."

October 24, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Leong is the first doctor I have ever had that actually sees me at the time our appointment is set for. He is professional, punctual and personable."

October 20, 2014
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I've had three family doctors in Victoria, and Dr. Leong is by far the best of them. He takes time to discuss my health concerns; I don't feel like I'm being hu..."

October 18, 2014
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Wow - I agree with the comments below about the receptionist. It's a wonder Dr. Leong has any patients left - seeing the way she talks to people. Why is she st..."

October 16, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a new patient to Dr. Leong's practice and I have found him to be very knowledgeable, easy to talk to, and he doesn't make you feel rushed. I also found his..."

October 15, 2014
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Was VERY impressed with doctor Leong! He took the time to go over my medical history, I didn't feel rushed. You can tell he's very knowledgeable, caring and h..."

October 4, 2014
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Leong is a great Physician and meeting him for the first time was a breath of fresh air. His receptionist in the other hand is way too rude. It started with..."

September 30, 2014
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Leong himself was great. Very thorough and seemed to care about who you were and the total package approach to care. Am looking forward to having him as our ..."

September 23, 2014
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I was hoping I would finally find a family doctor in Victoria. Unfortunately I was disappointed when Dr. Leong stated that MSP policy dictates that he only has ..."

September 22, 2014
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "First visit was great. Very personable. MOA was also friendly and helpful."

September 16, 2014
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "The doctor is new to Victoria; I was so happy to find a caring, knowledgeable doctor accepting new patients. His staff are the rudest people I've encountered. ..."

September 15, 2014