Ratings for Dr. Gary Leong

Dr.Leong is horrible. He doesn't care about his patients at all. He likes to push "big pharma" drugs with little to no care for how it will affect his patients. If you speak to him about any concerns with it, he is very arrogant and dismissive. This man is so full of himself, he thinks he can do no wrong. He charges for EVERYTHING! Even if you are 5 minutes late, but he will make you wait for over 30 mintues to see you!I wish there were more doctors in Victoria, so that I could see a different doctor. I will be staying with random clinic doctors over Dr.Leongs services, as they seem to actually care about patients and give a higher quality of service. Poor excuse for a doctor.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

Amazing Doctor! So lucky to have him as my family doctor. He always gets to the root of the health issue and thrives to offer the best medical help. Does not give unnecessary prescriptions. But yes, does get annoyed if we are not prompt in telling him about our health problems. Does not rush through appointments.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

I heard that Gary Leong was accepting new patients so my son and I raced down to get in as our clinic had recently changed. I am glad that I chose Gary Leong. He is very thorough. Has a sense of humour, listens and is very thorough. He does run on time and as a new patient you are alerted that he keeps a tight schedule. He has been very thorough with me and I have had some excellent results with his prescriptions. True, he will not write a prescription needlessly. Initially I was put off in my patient doctor interview, but now I will not change. My son is receiving excellent care from him as well.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

After hearing what a great physician Dr Leong is from family and friends ( some with complicated health issues ) i was lucky enough to be accepted into his practise as a patient a year ago. He is a wonderful doctor. He is engaged, interested, up to date, proactive and is very easy to talk to. He promotes healthy living and has surprised and impressed me by suggesting alternative options such as acupunture and naturopathy. If you issues that need investigation or referral he is quick to react and is a wonderful advocate for his patient during the process. He does run very on time so respect his schedule and book seperate appointments for seperate problems. Thank you Dr Leong! My healthcare is in great hands.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

If you're considering Dr. Leong as your physician, let me spare you the time. He rushes through appointments, speaks too quickly and gets impatient when you ask him to repeat himself. He's arrogant and condescending and pushes drugs when drugs aren't necessary. My first few experiences with him were extremely disappointing. Believe when I say, turn and run the other way.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

Excellent doctor. He has always been on time and is an emergency he will be able to get you in the same day. The front staff if so friendly and helpful with young children. He is good manner, very gentle and patient with children. Good experience so far and love the downtown location.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

I was really excited to see him the first time, however, I was waited at least 20 mins after my apportment time, and the whole time of visiting takes about 15 mins, and I basically had 2 issues, and he only talked one and won't talk more and ask me to come back another day. I scheduled another appointment and it will take another at least 15 days to book another appointment. And when I visit him the next time,I was late because the location is really hard to find a parking and he has an policy that charge 30 dollars for late apportment and won't see the patient at all.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

I am lucky enough to have this Dr. Gary Leong as my GP. I have complex health problems, and he goes out of his way to assist me. He is one of the few doctors that allow very quick follow up appointments. He takes the time to listen to me and to provide all treatment options. Without him I would be in deep trouble.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

Supposedly he is our family doctor. However, after our initial visit, it has been impossible to book an appointment with him. We have called 4 times and left a number of messages to get no response. It's probably the fault of his office staff and not him, but it's very frustrating. I guess we'll be looking for another doctor....

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

After moving to Victoria I discovered Gary Leong was the only doctor accepting new patients. As a result my expectations were low. I have been very satisfied with him and consider him to be one of the best physicians I have had in my 67 years! He has been very caring and easy to communicate with. His advice and treatment have been sound and the referrals he has given me have been very good.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015