Ratings for Dr. Gary Leong

Dr Leong has been our family's physician for several years. His standard of care is par-excellent. I have seldom found any doctor to match his expertise, caring and compassion and I greatly admire and appreciate his unhurried approach to diagnosis and treatment. I would gladly recommend him for the best family care one can get in Victoria. I've seen some negative reviews here and wonder if they can be put down to unrealistic expectations on the part of the patient or a "style" issue. I will say that I believe he has no time for malingerers nor hypochondriacs. He is an honorable and best doctor I have come across in Victoria in years. Thanks Dr. Leong.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2016

Great family doctor and a great professional. Very knowledgeable and kind. I find myself and family safest and in safest hands with Dr. Leong. He is the Top Best family doctor in Victoria. His staff is also so kind and respectful who really care.Its the best cleanest and nicest clinic of Victoria.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2016

Very caring and great family doctor. He should have been the Top Best in Victoria. I feel the safest and in safest hands with Dr. Leong. This doctor is gift, really very very high knowledgeable and experienced professional.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2016

Thank you Dr. Leong; I would never have known (God forbid till cancer would have shown in my colon, had Dr. not asked for my general routine tests related to it and God Be Hold, I had a BIG polyp that was removed during these testing procedure else it would have caused many complications including cancer... Dr. LEONG; I HAVE NO WORDS and am at loss of words to express my gratitude to your unexplainable help and treatment; Over 3 years and never had a minutest other feeling but of total trust and faith in my this wonderful god-send family dr. Thanks.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

SUCH AN HONORABLE AND PROFESSIONAL DOCTOR , a rare gem really. Always in time and discusses the medical issues in great details and advises like someone who really cares. I feel lucky that stroke of luck brought me and my family to Dr. Leong, FANTASTIC, God sent doctor and an example of Canadian medical standards. Not only he but his staff Ms. Erin and Ms. Nadia are absolutely top notch ever ready to help and guide with smiling face. Thanks Dr. Leong and your great team.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

An excellent Doctor who is so professional and human at the same time. Thank you Dr. Leong.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

I'm even disgusted to read that this Gem of being and gem of a doctor stands at unfair ranking at 72nd whereas Dr. Leong deserves to be among top 10 best and great doctors. Its a shame that the public forums are so unfair in establishing the true and real rankings. I wish I could change this error. I feel so lucky to be in the safest hands of Dr. Leong. Thank you Dr. Leong and his wonderful professional receptionists.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

I'm disgusted to read such invalid and baseless remarks about Dr. Leong. Its an absolute shame that some one has reflected their own mentality onto Dr. Leong so unfairly, perhaps because there is no check and balance on the commentator who remains anonymous and Dr. Leong may have no defense on such frivolous writings. How low can some one fall when he/she would maliciously and false attribute wrong report on such a gem of a doctor and gem of a human being; WHO REALLY CARES. I have been seeing Dr. Leong since three years and that too on maximum allowed visits per year and have been through unthinkable medical and related circumstances, BUT I FOUND DR. LEONG ALWAYS AN EPIC PROFESSIONAL AND AN EXEMPLARY CARING DOCTOR. Due to my medical situation, he could and probably should have got irritated or shown some relevant behavior reported in the malicious comments against Dr. Leong; YET, I am so thankful to mother nature that I found Dr. Leong just by chance and since then he has been my only savior both professional and humanly. My family is also very happy and 110% satisfied based on our numerous visits. Not only is Dr. Leong such a Gem, his receptionists are simply a reflection of this great doctor. Always caring, attentive. polite, respecting and follow-ups and cheerful, despite being bombarded with calls after calls and other continuous related work. Its so unfair really and it make me so angry on such irrelevant and false comments that I'm just speechless and only pray for the fast recovery from the mental diarrhea to which these people are so sadly sick with for quick recovery to re-assess their stupid comments. I couldn't add more to this. It is in-dignified and huge injustice with such honorable doctor to be blamed with false comments were he has no way to respond to or clarify his position. But thank God that I could stand up for my Dr. Leong and I'm proud of this gentleman and Dr. Please be honest and sincere before making wild judgments on such a great doctor and his great staff at the reception. Guess what, besides my regular health problems, he was looking ahead and sent me and my wife for certain tests that we wouldn't have even thought of and we were stunned when the results came and THANK GOD that Dr. Leong foresaw our medical conditions like a magician and we started medication right away and now getting better and on safe recovery path, avoiding a real potential health risk had it not been diagnosed earlier... Dr. Leong also discusses in great lengths your medical problems and suggests very effective solutions, more than any physician that I have come across. I could write ten pages but for a sensible Canadian Citizen, probably only three lines are enough... Dr. Leong is one of the most impressive Dr. that I have come across in my life. I wholeheartedly and most honestly and sincerely RECOMMEND Dr. Leong to any one/family who need a quality care that surmounts Canadian standards. I went so lengthy only to emphasize the truth and true facts so that people are not misguided by false comments against such a wonderful doctor and a human being. Please Go to Dr. Leong with total faith and trust and believe me, you'll not be disappointed ever; while the condition is that you be true to yourself and be responsible patient and responsible human being too. Only difference between a human being and an animal is not much but the sense of responsibility. Be responsible, please. Thanks.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

Dr. Leong is a horrible excuse of a doctor. He does not care about his patients and does not even pretend to care about issues you are having. He has given me misinformation that has caused a great deal of stress in an already stressful health issue I am dealing with. These stresses have been relieved by speaking with other practitioners who assured me that I did not receive good info. It's as if he is trying to intimidate you into not asking questions and makes you feel judged for the answers you give him. By far, the worst Doctor I have ever been to.

Submitted September 9, 2016

I a gree with most of the negative comments.I've never ever had any problems with any other doctors He has treated me with distain,has raised his voice at me twice for no particular reason. He is full of attitude, and for me other than going through the basics not been very helpful

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016