Ratings for Dr. Taj Shaikh

I had a skin condition (that was later diagnosed as Moloscum Contagiosum, no thanks to this guy) that was recurring. I paid 150 Euro for the consultation, during which time he took a phone call for 15 minutes. When I explained the history of my condition (it had previously been frozen, but returned), his answer was that we could freeze it or I could go to a plastic surgeon. He then started asking about my insurance, and if I could get coverage through family members, and started talking about skin cancer. Bare in mind this is a SKIN SPECIALIST, who couldn't actually diagnose my skin condition, and was more concerned with my insurance than my actual well-being. I left that place livid. No diagnosis, awful treatment, only interested in how much cash he could get out of me, and couldn't actually help me. I ended up going to Dublin to get help from Dr Hazem Kahlout at Castleknock Cosmetic Clinic, who I would recommend to anyone dealing with skin issues. Fantastic bedside manner, knowledgeable, professional. Make the trip and deal with an actual professional.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2017

I have an unknown medical condition that many dermatologists have advised is both complicated in nature, and of an unknown origin. I went to Taj and in just a few seconds he told me it was simple eczema and advised the use of over the counter hydrocortisone that every other single dermatologist had advised was both dangerous and useless for someone with my skin. I explained this to him and he insisted it's all I needed. 350 Euro later and an appointment lasting less than 5 minutes, I was livid and eventually ended up seeing Trevor Markham a week later who was so much better and sympathetic. You are best to avoid Taj Shaikh

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

I went to see this Dr as I suffer from eczema. Unknowingly I was suffering from the side effects of using topical steroids/hydrocortisone at the time of the visit. He carried out a very brief examination and sent me away with extremely potent topical steroids (Elocon). I used as advised and they made my skin a lot worse. It amazes me that a doctor can glance at a persons skin for a few seconds and come to the conclusion that it requires a very potent medicine to treat. Avoid him!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2016

Does not appear to have any knowledge at all. Told me only one possible cream available to treat psoriasis on my child's face and no follow up also refused to take swabs of infected looking skin. Said go to gp to get swabs taken. Appalling treatment. Cannot rate this doctor at all. Do not ware your money on this Dr. There is a reason he has no waiting list and you wait months to see others.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016