Ratings for Dr. Mary Leah Smith

flag | Submitted November 3, 2015

She also messed up my stiches. I went for the 6 week followup with her after natural easy delivery with my daughter & she said "looks great." I basically just saw her to be discharged, because I knew she was a liar from a mirror I could see she messed up. I went to another obgyn and they looked down there & said " she was definitely off her game." This has affected my s** life and my confidence. She's a lazy, unsympathetic doctor. Dont make. The mistake I did, choose a great doctor. Dont just look for the closest one to your home or a woman.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

There are hardly enough words to describe how disgusted I am with Doctor Mary Leah Smith. During exams she was very fast and showed little interest in the patient. My pregnancy went very smooth, little issues. Yet, the few times I did have issues, such as labor. She did not have the time to talk to me on the phone or even see me. I called her office on Monday at 8am and told the receptionist I was leaking fluid and felt something was wrong. She said the nurse would call me back. I called back at 11am because I still had heard nothing. The nurse said they didn't have time to see me, it was probably mucus. I told her I had been leaking mucus for 3 weeks and this was different. She said they did not have time to check me out, so if I felt like it go to the hospital for them to check. I got to the hospital at 1:30pmand was dilated to a 7. A few hours later I delivered my baby naturally. Doctor Smith came in basically to catch the baby and was gone. I tore 2nd degree and she tried to hold pressure to stop it and then finally put in stitches. She sewed the stitches in correctly basically sewed the middle to the side by my rectom. When I called to have her look at the stitches because they were pulling and inflammed she could not fit me in and the nurse once again recommended going to the emergency room. Oh and I forgot to mention she never looked at my "area" after delivery. The day I was discharged she came into my room said "I will see you in 6 weekss for birth control." Then, left. This is not my first child. My previous doctor that delivered my other children moved to a different hospital. I have never had an issue with my doctors. This is not my first rodeo. With that being said Doctor Smith is the most unprofessional and poorest excuse for a doctor I have ever came across.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

Dr Smith is a fantastic doctor. She is very knowledgeable and helpful. Dr. Smith helped me find the right birth control for my needs. I told her I wanted a long term birth-control that I did not need to worry about taking everyday. She explained all of the pros and cons of each birth-control option and let me decided which option was best for me without questioning my judgement or trying to convince me to use something else.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015

Dr. Smith is a great doctor very knowledgeable and very nice! She helped me with everything though out my pregnancy, and is always willing, ready, and able to answer any questions I have!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2013

Dr. Mary Leah Smith's Credentials

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I used Dr. Smith for my 2nd baby. So much better of an experience than my 1st. I would recommend her to anybody, and baby #3 will be delivered by Dr. Smith."

November 3, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "She also messed up my stiches. I went for the 6 week followup with her after natural easy delivery with my daughter & she said "looks great." I basically just s..."

September 4, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "There are hardly enough words to describe how disgusted I am with Doctor Mary Leah Smith. During exams she was very fast and showed little interest in the patie..."

July 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "She did a Fantastic Job at doing a D&C for me,,,,Not too aggressive since the same day of surgery I am doing very well and my bleeding ended the same day! "

June 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Smith is a fantastic doctor. She is very knowledgeable and helpful. Dr. Smith helped me find the right birth control for my needs. I told her I wanted a lon..."

January 14, 2015