Ratings for Dr. Peter Chau

I have attended Dr. Chau for many years and I have always found him most excellent. Recently I had a problem with neck pains mostly at night. The pain could be quite severe. I went to my medical Dr. who sent me for neck Xrays - I had 5 Xrays taken. On the next Medical Drs visit he went over the Xray reports and although there were irregularities but nothing of concern given my age of 79. He suggested that I continue to use Vitaren compounded cream and to see a Physio Therapist if the problem continued. That's when I went to see Dr. Chau. I should note that I had called Dr. Chau's office originally but had been advised to see a Medical Dr. as I had a stroke 7 years ago - all as a precaution measure. I had a treatment with Dr. Chau and he found I was out of alignment. After that one treatment my problem was solved and NO more pain whatsoever. Dr. Chau is wonderful. He is truly gifted and takes such great care in his treatments. Thank you so much.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2017

I have been referred to Dr. Chau by one of my therapists. Later I have heard about him from co-workers and from acquaintances. As his initial fees were quite beyond what I expected to spend, I opted seeking help from other therapists and Doctors. When years went by, with me bouncing from one type of treatment to another, with only temporary relief, and with my condition worsening and becoming excruciating, I re-evaluated my priorities and called Dr. Chau's office for an appointment. I was leery after the first treatment, as it was subtle and gentle, nothing at all what I expected, but I persevered as I already have been to many treatments without success. It wasn't an immediate fix, it took few treatments before I noticed an improvement. Now that I have fully recovered, I wondered why it took me long long time in deciding to see him. It could have spared me all those suffering. I am glad that I was able to find a doctor who could fix me, and also thankful to the people who directed me to him. Carolyn

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

Dear Dr. Chau, For me, it will be the nicest holiday season of the year and when I add all the "good" things together, you are the main reason for it. You not only restored my belief if there are good professional Doctors, who not only make promises, but also make a patient feel good and help to make these ugly pains disappear. Not only can I recommend you to others like me, but I like to take this opportunity of Christmas to say my hearty thanks to you. It is a pleasure to visit your office and receive a warmth of welcome from your secretary. She is the best by far I got to know. How lucky I am! Your thankful, W. D.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

I have suffered from neck pain on and off for 20 years and more recently lower back pain due to Degenerative Disc Disease. Both conditions were greatly aggravated by being involved in a rear end car accident last year. I was frequently having muscle spasms in my lower back, experiencing many headaches and a general feeling of fatigue. I was referred to Dr. Chau by my massage therapist who has seen great benefits from NUCCA techniques administered to her patients. At first I was hesitant because of the costs involved for consult and diagnostic X-rays but I really wanted to feel better and decided to look at an investment in my body. I have never looked back! Dr. Chau has helped me immensely with his gentle chiropractic technique and has helped educate me in being aware of my everyday movements that may cause me to regress in my treatment. During my first treatment I could not help but wonder if I would be helped by the treatment. My adjustment was so gentle that it only felt like a quick but mild pressure being applied to my neck but I felt immediate improvement in my posture when I stood up to leave. After several treatments my headaches have gone away and my lower back feels much more stable and does not spasm anymore. I feel much more energetic and in control of my life! Thank you Dr. Chau for helping feel like myself again! Sincerely, Sue M.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

I agree with these last two reviews on Dr. Peter Chau. I saw him for a period of two months and one of my visits was on a Friday. When he adjusts the cervical area, he lowers the head rest in order to adjust, after adjustment, he raises the head rest and leaves you in the room for a period of time. One time he inadvertently forgot to raise the head rest before leaving the room, leaving my head in this downward position. Later that day, my neck was so sore I could not move my head from side to side and the pain for the duration of the weekend was unbearable. I called his office first thing Monday morning to get into to see him asap, which I was able to. I told Dr. Chau that I was in excruciating pain all weekend and I feel it was because he forgot to raise the head rest on Friday leaving my head in that downward position for too long. I asked him if I was to pay for that appointment and he said, "Yes, have a nice day" and walked out the door! The man shows no compassion whatsoever and showed me that it is all about $ to him. My advice to anyone looking at seeing any professional is to see if they have compassion. Dr. Chau is not one of compassion!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

This will be my first ever review on a medical doctor, and there is a reason. I started to see Dr. Peter Chau 5 months ago. I am in my early 20's recovering from bulging disc injury. Let's just say, his treatments had helped me increase back flexibility but led to increase stiffness and pain in my neck and head. I still encountered back pain and found myself worse off! He screamed at me during my visit with him because I questioned his work. I felt like he cares more about making money than helping his patients. The point of his treatments was to align the spine by manipulating the atlas, but after switching my chiropractor and getting full r-rays done of my neck and back, the proof was there that I still had a crooked spine and spinal degeneration (I had no arch in my neck) after 4 months of treatment with him . I spent thousands of dollars on this treatment with Dr. Chau and I would not go back to him. Everyone experiences his treatments differently, and by no means am I saying DON'T SEE HIM....just be sure to listen to yourself and be your own advocate. If you aren't seeing results or if you're feeling worse off for the first 1-2 months..stop spending your money on him and see another chiropractor. On the positive note, I really enjoyed spending my time speaking with Jane, the friendly receptionist.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2016

My first appt. with Dr. Chau indicated I needed 10 appointments With each weekly appt. I would progress, then regress, progress, regress. At the end of the 10 weeks, I was no better than when I started PLUS one emergency appointment I had was due to a mistake he had made, and charged me for this appointment just the same!!!!!!!! At the end of 10 weeks, Dr. Chau indicated that I was best to try some other treatment as his treatment was not working for me. I felt that he should be able to tell whether he can or cannot help a patient even at the five treatment level. I came to the conclusion that he is in this business for his own interest and not the patient’s well being!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

I suffered many years if lower back pain. I was suggested to get surgery and was put in a waiting list. Fear of the knife I was referred to dr peter Chau. Nothing to lose I decided to go. Many treatments and was told no guarantee. I was put back to straight. Skeptical by this practice and confused by the technic. I relaxed and trusted his methods. It was a painful reversal but no longer in pain. And go for 1 year maintenance. Thx.đź’–

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

Dr. Chau has been my "go-to" chiropractor for over 10 years and I highly recommend him. He is very professional while being friendly and easy to talk to. The non-invasive NUCCA treatment he practices is much preferred over the scary "pretzel cracker" method used by other chiropractors. I suffered from daily back pain for more than 4 years after a ski accident. Treatments from a multitude of other practitioners and therapists provided little or no relief. Dr. Chau's course of treatment finally gave me positive results. I am glad I stuck with him. Even though I rarely have need of chiropractic care today, I don't hesitate to undertake the 45 minute drive to Burnaby to see him, as there is no one else I trust with my back care. His new ground floor location is easier to get to with convenient parking and no stairs. I value the quality back care and conscientious attention I have received from both Dr. Chau and his kind, ever-accommodating receptionist.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2015

I work at a desk all day long for years so I decided to have a checkup on my body to see if there were any problems due to improper posture. At the time I really didn't have any significant back pain. During the first 2 sessions which cost $250.00 each, Mr. Chau took some x-rays and showed me how my neck bones were bent. Then he made me stand with my back against a measuring device with a vertical bar and some strings to check the condition of my spine. During this process I could not see what he did with the device since he was doing it behind my back. Then he showed me how the strings were angled which indicated that my spine was seriously out of alignment. I came back for 5 more sessions for the actual treatment, which cost $50.00 each. Mr. Chau used Qigung to work on my neck, because his philosophy is alignment of the neck is vital to that of the spine. Each treatment took about 10 minutes. I have never had Qigung treatments before so I kept an open mind. In fact I was ready to believe in it. At the end of 5 sessions Mr. Chau pronounced that my spine problem was largely corrected, and he did his measuring device thing again and told me to turn around and look at the result. According to him the alignments were much better than before the treatments. However since then I have noticed pain on my hips and on the sides of my waist which I had not have prior to the treatments. At first I thought it was an adjustment period so I waited for it to go away. When it didn't after a month I went to see him and he said that it was alright due to adjustments of the body after the correction. Although it only took 1 minute and he did not do anything he charged me $35.00. 4 months have past and the pain has not diminished, if not worse. Since I had not have this problem before the treatments I didn't want to see him anymore. Now I have to see other doctors and the problem still have not been solved. HERE'S A FACT! During my treatments I told a friend about it and since he had back pains he went through 10 treatments with him. He claimed that his back pain would subside after each treatment but came back the next day. HOWEVER HE ALSO DEVELOPED NEW PAIN IN THE HIP AREAS SINCE THEN!!! As you noted in this review I have not used any judgmental remarks, only stated exactly what happened, so I'll let you decide about seeking treatments from Mr. Peter Chau.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015