Ratings for Dr. Andrea Veljkovic

Most amazing doctor ever. Broke my wrist snowboarding and since have fully recovered with all my mobility.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2019

Andy saved my ankle - but more than that, she saved my life. I was 33 when I first came to her, with 2 small kids. I was desperate. My ankle collapse (continuous since my teens) was so bad I could no longer walk more than 3 blocks with my kids. I've had 4 surgeries on my right ankle now, and my life is my own again. I can CHASE my kids on their bikes to the park now! I haven't been able to run since before my ankle collapse started at 14 years old. When I first met her, she rattled off (quite quickly; she talks fast, so record her if you are overwhelmed and can't take in info at the doctor's) about 12 procedures she would do on my ankle, spread over the 3 reconstructive surgeries and then one hardware removal surgery. In the first meeting, she said, "You're just going to have to trust me." I am SO deeply grateful that I did. Dr. Veljkovic is changing the way ankle surgeries are done in Canada. Prior to meeting her, I had heard (for almost 20 years) that my only option was a double ankle fusion. My plan was to wait until it got bad enough and then finally do it, knowing that my life would be permanently altered by that kind of surgery. For a teenager and the young adult and then, mom of small kids, losing even more mobility in my life always felt deeply depressing. Despite how bleak the picture looked, I never got a different answer from any ankle surgeons until I met Andy. Where they declared a double fusion was the only option, she saw possibility for transformation. She gave me hope, and she gave me my mobility back. She is doing things no one else is doing, and she's doing them so damn well! When you interact with her, you know you are talking to a BRILLIANT physician. She is precise, meticulous, creative and VERY skilled. Unlike some brilliant docs out there, Dr. V has a HUGE heart. Every single time I was in her surgical care, I didn't worry for a moment. I have had a huge amount of experience with the medical system (including her surgeries, I have had 10 surgeries to date, with lots of non-surgical medical care over the years). I have rarely, if ever, trusted a doctor as much as I trust Andy. Dr. Andrea Veljkovic is truly doing the work she was meant to do. Being in her care is a incredible blessing, and it will change your life. She's most definitely changed mine.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2019

Ive never had the pleasure of meeting such an amazing woman and Doctor. Brilliant,confident,honest and empathetic and beautiful inside and out. I am eternally grateful for all she has done so far on this journey we have embarked on together to restore my ability to walk once again. Thank you. I. Barron

flag | Submitted January 18, 2019

So Blessed to have her. She is so caring and so thoughtful..I broke my wrist Nov 12 the/18 and in the Emergency ward I had another doctor look at my wrist, and after resetting my wrist twice, I was back in the next day. I was given Andi's name to follow up on the 14th of Nov. Where right away she looked at my x-rays and had me in for surgery as her last patient the next day.. She is such a caring person and makes you feel so comfortable..I will be seeing her again Christmas Eve Day for a follow up, but know all will be fine ..I would recommend her to everyone...

flag | Submitted December 16, 2018

Dr. Veljkovic performed a two stage surgery on my ankle and heel 4 years ago I've just returned from hiking for three weeks in Scotland. In tough conditions. I experienced a little stiffness, but no pain. NO PAIN!!! I am one of the lucky ones who was referred to her and she gave me back my life because I was in a lot of pain from a horrible break many years ago and several previous surgeries. I am also chasing around after my granddaughter, swimming, yoga, and tons of walking. Again, all with no pain. Thank you Andi. You are simply the best orthopaedic surgeon there is!

flag | Submitted October 25, 2018

To say Dr. Veljkovic is a fantastic doctor is an understatement! She is determined to make you the best you can be. She is thoughtful, caring and precise in her decision to operate. She answered all my questions patiently and explained why surgeries, in my case, must be done in stages. After two surgeries and a possible third one, I have no hesitancy and every confidence in her abilities. My ankle is the best it has been in years and, as I told her, I didn’t even realize how bad it was until it was good again. I feel truly blessed to have her as my surgeon.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2018

Dr Veljkovic is the best dr ever! I lived in excruciating pain in my feet for over 3 years. After seeing many drs, Dr Veljkovic listened to me and finally figured out the problem. I had 2 surgeries that changed my life. Not only are my feet pain free, my back feels better! She is extremely personable, listens closely to my symptoms and follows up repeatedly until she is satisfied with the results. My life is forever changed for the better.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2018

The lucky ones get to see Andi. I read a book once called "in search of excellence" that provided an insight to what makes top guns tick. Excellence is a never ceasing habit of focus on detail. Andi is a maestro at her life. A humble and ever learning individual who brings a life long commitment to those around here and a life long smile at the mention of her name. In her daily life with her students i have been moved to see attentiveness to teaching those around her. In spite of the difficult conditions accorded physicians in this vacuum of medical facilities within which to operate Andi smiles and continues to serve. What an excellent doctor! What a splendid human being! it is no wonder she is No1 on here

flag | Submitted August 15, 2018

Dr. Andrea Veljkovic has been nothing but wonderful. She is delightful to deal with and has extensive knowledge of different procedures available. Best doctors I have ever delt with

flag | Submitted July 21, 2018

I live in Halifax, NS. It has been 5 years now since dear Andie changed my life and agreed to perform surgeries on my arthritic joints and bunions after she had left NS and was in Toronto in 2013. I think of you Andie at least twice a week and thank God that I was fortunate enough to find you and that you were able to make me pain free and allow me to return to my normal life and outdoor activities. Had to let you know that you are LOVED and always remembered by your patients....especially ME! Wish I could give you extra stars for not just excellent - but Exemplary in every way.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2018

Dr. Andrea Veljkovic's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients