Ratings for Dr. Stephen J.C. MacDonald

Excellent care, knowledgable and kind. Helped me through major surgery and post op care. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

I've been going to Dr Macdonald for about 5 years. He is polite, caring and really makes and efforts to get to know his patients. I've had a few times where I've walked in and did not have an appointment and he's managed to squeeze me in as well which I was very impressed with. He's someone who makes his patients feel comfortable about talking to him about their ailments - be they physical or mental - without any judgment. Doctor Macdonald is the best Family Doctor that I've ever dealt with and I'd highly recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

Dr MacDonald has been our family Dr for 5yrs now, hes a good Dr and very knowledgeable, friendly, respectful. Its like visiting a wise uncle

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

My family and I have been with Dr. Macdonald for about 3 1/2 years now. He treats our whole family from us to my in-laws, nieces and nephew etc. and we do not have one bad thing to say about him. He is knowledgeable, kind, respectful and great with the kids. The kids don't feel scared when they know they have an appointment with him. They actually look forward to it because of the funny jokes he tells them and the conversations he has with them. :) Also, as a woman, if you are more comfortable seeing a female doctor for certain things, he will happily recommend one of his female colleagues who also are very good and work in the same office as him.👍 We highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

I am a physician and am fortunate enough to be cared for by Dr. MacDonald. He is knowledgeable, compassionate, mature, and approachable. I recommend him without hesitation, and have a great amount of trust in his expertise and advice.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

Dr. MacDonald (7yrs) took over for Dr Gummeson (24yrs) and I am very pleased that he is my GP. He is very knowledgeable, asks many questions, listens well and has a pleasant, quiet, easy going demeanor. He takes time to inform me of his assessment, treatment options, recommendations and reasons. I'm on time for appointments and I've never had to wait more than fifteen minutes past, often never late.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

Dr. MacDonald was my GP when I used to live in Vancouver and he was always very helpful and thorough. I really appreciated how he got me an ENT referral shortly after our appointment to help identify my issue. He always listened to my concerns and explained his rationale for any tests or medications that he would prescribe. I would not hesitate to have Dr. MacDonald as my family doctor again when I return to Vancouver!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

Dr M was our family Dr in St John's Newfoundland. We miss him terribly since he moved to B.C. He is very knowledgeable and caring and took the time and interest to look into every situation we brought to his attention. Who ever is fortunate enough to have him as their family Dr. is surely blessed.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

very personable, takes time to listen and follow up

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016