Ratings for Dr. Ian Sutanto

Went in to see Sutanto after experiencing extreme throat pains. I do not go to the doctor unless I feel I need antibiotics or additional care. He took a quick look at my throat , swabbed it, and told me I just had a common throat infection, to just take tylenol, and “tough it out” I left, quite angry I had wasted my time. Two days later, I get a call. My lab tests are back and I have strep throat. I knew this want just a regular throat infection, and I had urged to him it had not been. If he had simply given me antibiotics when first requested I would’ve been better by now but I am not. During the check up he neglected to look st my ears, and my nose even though that’s common practice for a sinus infection. If you want a caring, helpful doctor, do not go to Sutanto. Frankly, he sucks.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2018

I have been a patient of Dr Sutanto's for 2 years now, I only started seeing him as my Primary, Dr Elficky was retiring and Sutanto was his replacement. To go from a doctor that was the only one that was willing to work with me on my own unexplainable auto immune condition to find me answers to a doctor that didn't care to listen or offer any willingness to investigate my condition is sad to say the least. I found Sutanto to be condicencing and unwilling to listen to a patient that has advocated for her own health for years. He has recommended treatments that were already tried and failed, refused to look further in analysis on other treatments and has left the impression that since he doesn't have an answer then I must just quit trying because there are no answers. He has also failed to follow up on test results. After finally getting requisition for xrays and a bone scan for my daughter, we are still waitin for him to call us to book an appointment to get the results and take the next course of action. This has been 2 weeks now that he has had the results of her broken leg, and still no phone call. Thank God we asked for the results to be forwarded to our chiropractor so they would be on file there, becàuse that is the only way that we even knew that her leg had a stress fracture of her Tibia and the report suggests a consult with an orthopedic surgeon and further MRI. My entire family including extended has had nothing good to say about Sutanto and we are all looking for new doctors After the amazing care I received from Dr Elficky for 19 yrs, Sutanto isn't even on the same playing field and someone I would ever recommend.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2018

Dr. Sutanto took over Dr. Elfiky's practice when Dr. E. retired. It was hard to go from Dr. E's careful, concerned, thoughtful bedside manner to Dr. Sutanto's level of self-confident glibness and "unconcern." As a family, we have now (after a lot of stress and concerted effort) found a different G.P. - a young physician in SE Edmonton who embodies the traits we were used to having in our family doctor. Since finding our new G.P. I will be having my first physical since Dr. Elfiky retired several years ago. I wish Dr. Sutanto could understand how it feels to be a patient with a glib, unconcerned doctor. It's not a confidence-inspiring feeling and it led us to seek out a new GP after 25 years. Not our first choice.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2018

I have been seeing Dr.Sutanto for over 1 year now. He is very knowledgeable and kind. His staff is very rude and they seem to be bothered when they are approached!

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

Just took over my husband' s case -thorough and conscientious -very happy with our choice

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

Great experience , quick and timely but spends enough time with you

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014