Dr. Stephen Chia

Ratings for Dr. Stephen Chia

Dr. Chia is an excellent medical oncologist, full of knowledge, expertise, and experience. He is dedicated and committed to treating his patients and saving their lives, and advancing cancer care, as shown through his curiosity and interest in the research that he does. I feel that he gives me individualized treatment based on my pathology and information he's got, and that he does his best to help to treat my cancer, even though it doesn't always come across in his communications (cancer is a disease that make people cringe and avoid the topic let's face it). He might not appear warm and fuzzy, but he is empathetic, and when you are dealing with a life threatening illness like cancer you would want a doctor who is smart, experienced, curious and interested in cancer care and your care, somebody who does his best to help you. You'd want an expert in the field. Dr. Chia is a great fit! And I would see a counsellor for psychosocial and emotional healing, which she is good at and trained to do.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

Dr Chia has been my oncologist for over 2 years. I feel I am in very good hands under his care. His is extremely knowledgeable and I do find him very easy to talk to. He answers my questions easily. He also attracts really great Fellows to work with him. I have enjoyed working with these professionals. I really admire Dr. Chia

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

Dr. Chia has been my oncologist for almost 2 years now, and I think he is amazing. He is personable, gentle, thorough, and always answers all my questions with compassion and facts. I find him warm and availableā€¦so appreciate he is my medical oncologist on my breast cancer journey. Although I am a 'simple' case with a stage 1 early catch, I do not feel that he takes me or my case any less seriously than far more complex and tragic cases that I am sure he deals with. A grateful cancer patientā€¦

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

Dr. Chia's lack of interest in the human side of medicine is very apparent. Hint of aspergers regarding his cold lack of connection. It was chilling being in a room with him. You would think his massive research would have uncovered a note or two regarding how actually relating to patients never mind compassion would have an affect on healing. Trusting your pharmacologist (which is basically what he is) is paramount to having good results from the toxins.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2015

I'm currently a patient with Dr Chia. I like him very much he gives me confidence in my treatments. He doesn't Rush my appts and answers all questions I have. I'm very glad he is my oncologist

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

Being a patient to this man was a horrible experience. my questions were answered via grunts. Very primitive, also rarely spent more than 2 minutes with me. Shook his head a lot then told me to buy drugs off the street. yes, he had Dr., in front of that name. I'd be ashamed. Women, please do not go through the horror i did with this guy, see a woman or a man who doesn't have an agenda, is cold as ice, no compassion...........on and on i can go but i won't. Nothing positive to say about him.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015

Was referred to Dr. Chia by another specialist. According to Dr. Chia, my cancer case seems insignificant compare to what he is use to seeing. Although he is very intelligent and knowledgeable, I felt that my visit was understated.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014

Dr. Chia seems to know about toxic pharmacology and seems very intelligent. I am surprised at how close he stays with convention. It feels a bit like laziness when oncs don't think outside the toxic box but he is ok as far as oncologists go.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

Absolutely an excellent Dr. He listens to his patients, is knowledgable, gives you straight answers, never makes you feel 2 inches tall when you're asking questions and you get the sense that he actually cares about his patient. He always gives you his undivided attention and you never feel like you're just a case number. I've been through the medical system a LOT in the past 6 years and I feel like I got extremely lucky to have him as my oncologist.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2013