Ratings for Dr. Frank J. Romeo

Do not got to this Dentist! I got my wisdom teeth out in 2008 by Dr. Frank Romeo, I had to go back in the office 3 times for dry socket, I was told by co-workers that they usually give you something to clean out your mouth-I asked about this and was given NOTHING. I was in pain for 3 weeks and to this day my current dentist tells me that the poor job done by Dr. Frank Romeo has caused costly other issues to my gums and teeth near the wisdom cavities. On top of that I am still dealing with them not filing through my insurance properly, my insurance agency said they never even filed the claim, now it is on my credit report. The staff and the Doctor were rude and had a tone of, "I could care less". Hope to save others from a horrible experience.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

I had two teeth extracted, my entire experience from start to finish was great! The receptionist was very friendly, the dental assistants were very patient and Dr. Romeo was absolutely WONDERFUL! I was even pleased at my follow-up appointment. His bedside manner was really good, I was quite impressed with his well cared for old school dental jacket, it brought comfort to me and let me know that I was dealing with someone who took their profession quite seriously and it also gave me comfort that he was an older dentist that takes pride in his profession.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

I recently had my wisdom teeth removed by Dr. Romeo and was pleased with his care and bed side manner. However, when I called to set up my appointment with the office secretary, she was incredibly rude on the phone and not helpful at all. Even when I came to my appointment she was short and acted as if she had better things to do. She was even on the phone yelling at a patient while there were other patients in the waiting room who could clearly hear her. I was surprised that there was no pre-op information sent to me before the procedure…that would have been helpful. Overall I pleased with their service; I would have rated higher had the secretary handled herself differently.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2012

I had a tooth extracted that was attempted by another oral surgeon and loused up. Dr. Romeo was great in comparison...he gave me options as far as pain relief and my follow up was just as plesent...Ill be back for any of my oral surgury needs

flag | Submitted March 15, 2011

I am not one to give a dentist a good review, but I have to give props to Dr. Romeo. I had to ask for a Valium pre-op but I was given it. On my surgery date, I was taken to the room within 10 minutes of arrival. The staff were quick to sedate me, wasting no time. My request not to connect the pulse monitor until I was sedated was honored. The sedative didn't hurt when injected. After surgery, I stopped bleeding with in an hour and was nibbling on donut holes after surgery. By the next day I was pretty much ok. I had the surgery on Friday and was back to work on Tuesday. Dr. Romeo's bedside manor is very direct and down to business, but he did give me a pat on the shoulder before hand. I would recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2009

Dr. Romeo and his staff were courteous and very sensitive to my concerns. I was seen in a timely manner, and the questions I had were answered completely. The procedure went well with no bad after effects. I have used this dentist before some years ago, as has another family member. I would recommend Dr. Romeo to anyone who needed an oral surgeon.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2009

I don't recommend this oral surgeon! My child (early 20's)had 4 wisdom teeth out (2 were impacted, 2 straight pull). He did a horrible job of removing the impacted ones. He was very insensitive with terrible bedside manners. My child was in horrible pain for a 1 1/2 weeks. Surgery was on a Friday, my child saw him on Mon (in severe pain) and he said every thing was fine even though the pain was unbearable. He prescribed a stronger pain med that didn't help much. My child saw him again on Thur and he said there was a dry socket. He prodded 2 tooth sockets with metal tips (without numbing the area). My child cried in pain but he told my child the pain was not that bad. He made one of the sockets hurt worse when my child left. He packed one sockets with meds (should have done both). He refused to refill the stronger pain med saying that the pain was not that bad. My child is traumatized by his insensitivity. He's a poor excuse for a doctor and is old! DON't use this doctor!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2009