Ratings for Dr. Moustafa Shalby

I am a patient of Dr. Shalby for two years. I have a chronic inflammatory disease and used to be followed at Sick kids and Dr. Shalby was highly recommended by my GI at Sick kids as an adult GI doctor after I reached 18. I was quite worried because I was followed at Sick kids for long time however now I am very happy with his care. He is very helpful and supportive. He truely cares about his patients well being. He is very knowledgable and ALWAYS gives me a plenty of time to ask questions. Some time there i have to wait to see him but I feel because he takes his time to listen to his patients. His clinic staff is very professional but i think the building parking should be expended.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2018

He was great at the beginning but I have end stage liver disease and I wanted him to tap my stomach to relieve the pain of carrying around so much water in my abdomen , but would have me wait and do a ultrasound just to tell me I didn't need to be drained. I actually went to another doctor and he referred me to a interventional radiologist who drained 11 litres out of my belly! Since I waited too long to get drained the pressure on my back gave me two compression fractures on my vertebrates so now I'm on opioids which is bad for my liver! This could have been prevented had Dr. Shalby referred me to a radiologist from the beginning. He also told me a had a year left to live and seemed to rush me out of his office while I was asking questions.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2017

This may be biased because I was given good news by Dr. Shalby. I was referred to him for a second opinion after I was told that my liver is totally damaged. I was lost, depressed for 6 months. When I saw Dr. Shalby he was very nice, he immediately put me at ease, told me that I need biopsy of my liver to confirm the extent of the damage . The procedure was done within 2 weeks, he called me after and informed me about the good news, my liver is actually quite healthy. He was careful in his inestigations, and explained to me the procedure before hand his assistant is a sweetheart, although hard to reach at time but overall positive experience. Very nice liver doctor!

flag | Submitted December 1, 2017

very professional, nice clean office despite busy clinic, he has a positive and supportive approach, i was very comfortable dealing with him. Great experience doing the procedure with him at the hospital. Nurses were very nice and explained every thing to me before and after.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2017

He is a very personable doctor. Had a colonoscopy , on time and no pain. Felt very comfortable and he was very professional and explained everything in detail.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

He's a great doctor and has helped me tremendously, but every time I have to wait well over a hour past my appointment time to see him. They also don't cover parking, so that extra hour plus, you pay for.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

excellent doctor. listens is a straight talker feel comfortable dealing with him.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Excellent Doctor!! Very positive, he gave me enough time to explain my symptoms and he was actually listening. Although busy but very organised and clean office.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

The staff don't call you back or pass on msgs to the dr ! - I gave up after a change to a prescription went unanswered to my pharmacy for 6 weeks. Looking for new dr

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

Very positive person and very thorough. Always a positive experience dealing with Dr. Shalby.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017