Ratings for Dr. Richard F. Scavo

Dr. Scavo did my braces and two of my children's too! He did a very thorough job explaining what needed to be done to make our smiles beautiful and perfectly functioning. He was even able to show us what or teeth would look like when the treatment was complete, in advance. The results I've seen for myself and several of my friend's teens have been fantastic. I would definitely suggest people go to this orthodontist. I'd been to a different orthodontist in the past and was very disappointed with the results. I never even saw the other doctor after our initial consultation!! He always had the assistants do all the work. It's good to know that at Dr. Scavo's office, you get the actual Dr. , who has the certified training to do the job right!

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Dr. Scavo needs to retire. He has become lazy, rude and can't seem to get staff to stay long enough for his patients to know their name. He is very impatient and doesn't know how to talk/treat children. I referred my friend to him for a consultation appointment. She said she would never trust him to do anything to her teeth and that he seemed like he had no idea what was even going on in his own office. The last straw with him was when my daughter needed a new retainer, I was told it cost $175. When she came home she Informed me Dr.Scavo had billed our new insurance to get the retainer covered. When I looked further Into it I saw he billed the insurance for $1500 to pay for a retainer that cost $175?? I was told the money will be credited in the account if I ever need it, we'll that sounds like insurance fraud to me and I'm guessing he pulls that on people everyday. This man shouldn't be allowed to practice Orthodontics anymore, I have heard/expierenced one to many bad things about him.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2013

Dr. Scavo is rude (to my daughter also), gets irritated with questions and does not explain what he is doing. If there was any way I could stop treatment and go elsewhere I would.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2012

I used to go to Dr. Scavo for many years. He put braces on me a few times, including once prior to when all of my baby teeth had fallen out. Completely ruined my teeth... Now my teeth are so decalcified. Very disappointed.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2012

I saw a teenager whose teeth he had just corrected and got his name. I immediately visited his office and acquired braces. I experienced a great outcome, and several friends have chosen him because of my great results. I strongly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2011