Ratings for Dr. Thomas J. Whalen

It is true that sometimes one waits a long time to see Dr. Whalen or Kelly O'Connor, but as others have mentioned, this is because they both take all the time each patient needs to fully explore your current status. I was referred here by my primary and after three years of pain and fatigue, I was finally diagnosed with fibromyalgia and could not have found a more compassionate practice.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2014

Dr.Whelen did not help me with fibromyalgia. He told me that he has it himself, but he does not have muscle pain. True Fibromyalgia is all about the muscle pain. It is associated with nerves. I would not make a follow up appointment. My visit was useless.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

I have been to Dr Whalen many times at different locations. It is common to have to wait over an hour. I have even gone to my scheduled appts to learn that the doctor was not there. Still I have tried several times to make an appointment over the past year only to learn that Dr Whalen refuses medicare and will not accept cash. How unusual. I still cannot get proper/adequate treatment. Very dissappointed.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2013

I just switched to this office after my last rheumatologists moved out of town. I am very happy to have found this practice. My first visit, doc spent almost an hour going over my history, reviewing meds, etc. He was the first rheum that listened to my concerns about some meds and was agreeable to working out a medication plan that worked for me. My second visit was on an urgent basis. I awoke with a significant flare and called the office- they fit me right in, sure I had to wait a little bit of time while they took their scheduled patients in, but I was so grateful that they could see me in the same day. I was feeling 100% better by the next morning. Great Doc. Great Practice.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2011

Injured my wrist playing hockey. Other Dr.s could not diagnose and just gave me pain med. Dr. Whalen showed me and thoroughly explained the issue. he treated me for it and its 100% now.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2010

Absolutely The BEST Doctor in The World! He Changed my Life.Staff is Equally Awesome.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2009

The best Dr. ever. So friendly and helpful, gives so much time and makes you feel like family. The only Dr. who has helped me with pain from previous back surgeries and and my husband has finally found a Dr. who helped him walk almost normal again. It's worth any amount of time you may have to wait, he'll give you all the time you will need with him also.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2009

Willing to give the patient all the time needed. Works with the patient to find solutions. Seems very respectful of patient. Eager to monitor progress.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

This office is almost always overcrowded, and there is a good reason why. Well worth the wait. Dr. Whalen and his PA Kelly are extremely helpful.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2006

Dr. Whalen has been very helpful with my fibromyalgia and I appreciate his taking the time to explain various prescriptions, procedures, etc. His knowledge of fibromyalgia and compassion for his patients are the reasons I chose him as my rheumatologist.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2006

Dr. Thomas J. Whalen's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1979)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Havertown, PA