Ratings for Dr. Krishan Patodia

I'm the granddaughter of a client of Dr. Patodia's, and I called the nurse to ask if she could get the doctor to write an order for my grandfather for home care. As I am a home care nurse, I am knowledgeable of the process and was trying to help my family in Ontario from afar, as they haven't been getting a lot of help from this staff. Doctor is on vacation, so I wanted to call to confirm that they'll put the order through, as I'd like my grandfather on home care as soon as possible. The secretary or nurse, Cindy, was incredibly rude on the phone and was entirely unhelpful. This doctor should get nicer staff who treat their clients with respect. I'm very disappointed. I've been working with various healthcare staff for years, and have never been treated so poorly.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

I would never fault an Ontario Doctor for trying to make a living by running his practice like a business. It IS a business. The negative comments others have made here are a result of a truly, badly broken healthcare system in this province that does not recognize the value of a doctor's time or knowledge and ability to educate, and it is afflicted by the propensity for not very sick people to go to the doctor for absolutely every sniffle. Mothers and fathers have lost confidence in their instincts and parenting knowledge by hyper vigilance standards expected of them in parenting books and magazines and advice columns so they often end up overcrowding the doctors offices. People brought up that way, and informing themselves on misinformation all over the Internet without knowing how to properly research, end up in the doctors office when they should be at home resting, getting exercise, and eating a better diet. Our healthcare system itself encourages far too much unnecessary use. Dr. Patodia is a very good doctor. He has a long history caring for our family. Wait times are frustrating. Cindy often seems harassed because she IS harassed - her job is not a simple one. I have even harassed her myself and felt her sting -- but to be honest, it's not really her fault. Find out the rate of family doctors per capita in this region before you accuse the doctor of being double booked. Demand outstrips supply, and Cindy bears the brunt of this. Be kind to her, and she is kind in return. Recognize her effort, and she is gracious and grateful. And the nonsensical racist comment someone below made about ethnicity and nepotism is ridiculous. I have been a patient there for over 19 years, and I have never witnessed that kind of favouritism (but then, I'm also not one to make those kinds of accusations either -- it all depends on your point of view clearly). I am frustrated by the need to renew prescriptions in person, and by the one issue per visit. But we don't abuse his system, and we often find him quite flexible when we do visit as a result. The most important thing about this doctor is he has principles about healthcare that I respect -- evidence based research guides his decision making, and he is up to date about his job, and he is thorough about his investigations. I respect his method, even when it's not convenient for me. Nothing is perfect. But my doctor, who has been what is rare in this world of walk in clinics -- a true old fashioned FAMILY physician who has taken the time to get to know us because we have put our trust in him -- is an excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2016

Does not allow patient to mention more than one issue per visit. If you have a broken arm and arthritis, you can only mention one item. He triple books to get higher fees. Health system should root out such money grabbers.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2016

He doesn't care about my health, He is on vacation again.... I am looking a family doctor urgently.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

I have been with Dr. Patodia for two years now. I find him to be very thorough, I had never had such a detailed physical in 20 years with my old Dr. (who retired). I like his sense of humor and really feel that he knows his stuff (cause I challenge him). I do find Cindy to be very moody, you want to catch her on a good day. I have often overheard her talking to seniors either in person or on the phone and she can be quite harsh and talk down to them.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

Long standing patient of Dr. Patodia. All the negative comments hold weight. Wait times are just God Awful. Receptionist Cindy is probably the rudest person I have ever met in the healthcare industry. The Dr. is always on vacation and there is never availability for when kids get sick. Worst doctor if you have small children.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

After 15 years I finally left. I went in with pinched sciatica. My appt was for a refill.he wanted me to book another appt. In 2 weeks for my back. My job is physical, i couldnt wait 2 weeks. . My grandkid had a scrape. He put a bandaid on it and billed Ohip said he treated her. Cindy told me my records would be 15 to 100 dollars. Was 118.00 for 60 pages. They charged 1.97 to photo copy each page. Had to have my new doctor call ..as all I got was rude attitude..and we will call you when ready. These people treat everyone as a number. Oh but if some folks of the same background Sikhs come in..there is no 1 or 2 hour wait. They get ushered past everyone who has been waiting for an hour or more. I found a female doctor. She gives 15 minutes per appt. You can treat 1 or 6 problems. Up to you. You never wait more then 5 minutes. She booked a physical within 2 weeks. So nice to find a doctor with the same concept of customer service and support. I've always been loyal..but I just had enough 3rd rate care. I guarantee anyone with good reviews is likely the same heritage as Dr.P. or his relatives. He never asked why I left. He didn't care. Most ppl would want to know, so as to improve their services. He seems to forget who pays who. Dr P makes 300 G a year. More then most as ..he over books and under cares. I think he needs to write a prescription of good humor pills for Cindy.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

We were long time patients of Dr. Patodia, but decided to change Dr's for several reasons. Re. physicals... long wait times for this extremely short "event" He passes his stethoscope over your chest so rapidly, he couldn't possibly pick up an arythmia or anything else. He seems hurried, and you are barely in there for 10 minutes for a full physical, and you just know he is billing for at least 20 min. Don't ask him to fill out a form, he will charge you a big fee, and doesn't even fill out the form correctly. He is often dismissive, and arrogant if you ask him a question relating to your problem (that you have researched yourself) and had a specialist confirm your fears/concerns. Not a comforting feeling when this is your family Dr. and it involves your child. We have moved on, and are quite happy with our new family Dr. There are new Dr's in the same building that are taking new patients. The new Dr doesn't appear to be in the profession to gouge you and the OMA. Try them out!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2015

Dr. Krishan Patodia is in it for the $$ plain and simple. Anything to book an appointment so he can bill OHIP, even simple questions require an appointment, like looking up a date an immunization was given, unreal. Cindy (his secretary) pretends to care but is sarcastic and argumentative. Steer clear of this practice, and if you do end up there be prepared to wait anywhere from an hour to 2.5 hours past your "scheduled" appointment.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

Garbage I'm not even gonna say Dr he is a corporate wannabe his practice is like a fast food restaurant give you as little as possible and charge you any one single chance he has. Not knowledgeable in pharmaceutical prescriptions. And his receptionist is a first rate smug older mean woman. If you can avoid this cattle house please do so I was with him and this is all first hand people. He is a poor excuse for a Dr of any kind. As far as I can tell he is strictly about getting you in and out and getting paid no matter if he helped you or not. I still may Sue him but that's a whole other story .

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015