Ratings for Dr. Jessica A. Silva

Neil Lewow Sat 12/7/2019 1:16 PM This review is in regard to Jessica Silva, Periodontist. Jessica Silva is not the type of professional you want anywhere near your mouth. Ms Silva's license should be suspended by the Nevada State Board of Dental Examiners. This is what happened to me. This review was not posted immediately because I was so distraught I just wanted to forget about it. I was told by the hygienist after she finished my root planing deep cleaning that I must see a Periodontist and an appointment was made about 2 weeks later at the same dental office. Apparently Ms Silva is such a delicate genius that she does work at many dental offices locally. She gave me a complete periodontal exam and I was told and the paperwork is attached that I needed over $12,000 of periodontal work and my out of pocket would be over $5100. I am a 66 year old man and not born with a silver spoon in my mouth like Ms Silva. I went for a second opinion to Robert Hill, DDS on W. Flamingo who is a honest unassuming great dentist who has been practicing in Las Vegas for over 40 years. He laughed at the paperwork I showed him from Ms Silva and shook his head. Dr Hill took complete x-rays, examined me for 30 minutes and requested all my x-rays and dental records from my visit with Dr Jessica Silva Periodontist. Dr Hill told me my teeth and gums were fine and said he recommended a short session with his hygienist. The hygienist worked on me for about 20 minutes and billed my insurance for $60. The hygienist said to get a Waterpik. I bought it on Amazon that day and I have never looked back. If Jessica Silva Periodontist treated a senior citizen like this, how do you think she treats all her patients? What do you think of a dentist who tells you and provides you itemized paperwork showing you that you need thousands of dollars of needed dental work that you DO NOT NEED? I do not think we need a dentist that would do that in Las Vegas or anywhere in the USA. What kind of a person would do that? Possibly someone who is filled with "GREED"??

flag | Submitted December 7, 2019