Ratings for Dr. Michael Fishell

I have been a patient of Dr. Fishells for the past 14 years. He has always been caring and explains every procedure so I understand. After 9 years the injections stopped and I agreed to the Neurostimulator trial. It gave me hope and my life back. Once the stimulator was implanted I was able to taper down on my medication and continue to have a life. New rules and regulations are controlling the way doctors can write medication and this is sad. I now take medication as needed and use the stimulator all day every day. He is not a big medication writer and for those who feel he writes high doses, he does not. Medication is not the sole answer in controlling pain and once you figure this out it actually makes sense. He believes in making people better not getting them "hooked" on medication. If you meet him you will see he wants to help. I send all my friends here.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2017

if you do not need pain medication stop wasting the doctors time. People who are in serous medical conditions and are dying and need pain medication to go to the bathroom lay in bed waiting for the day to go by because they can't take the pain anymore, shame on you go to PCP go to physical therapy rehab yourself. thank god for the dr most are ambulance chasers and do not treat or care for chronic pain patients

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

Only wants surgery big bucks if no surgery tell u get plucked and keeps u on dangerous meds does not care hides with office staff Feds medical board should shut him down ! The truth over3 yrs he's a criminal in what I seen ! Do not waste your time find a better Dr you will be so happy you did . He prescribes the most narcotics in Nevada number 13 . He should lose his license immediately he will kill patients you do not see him you see PA NOT A JOKE

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

I've been a patient of his for over 2 years. Most PM doctors are viewed as pill dispensaries. If that's what you want, he's not your guy. It's great to have a doctor and staff that don't cater to junkies. He's always done right by me.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

Very bad experience in scheduling, stay away from this guy.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

Everything Fishell did to me and for me was wrong I was in horrible pain for 5 (five whole weeks) & he even sent me to the wrong surgeon. Did not return calls. Wouldn't fill out my paperwork correctly & still charged me for doing it. Should be tar & feathered and run out of town. I was a long time patient.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

Not sure about Dr Fishell. Met with only a couple times. However, his people and the system and the follow up for appointments and prescriptions and general customer service is horrible. The system and the people project an attitude as if they are going out of their way to do you a favor. And begrudgingly so. An attitude that represents all that is wrong with the health care system. And Dr Fishells name is on the business. Whether your dime or insurance. Expect a little more.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2014

Dr. Fishell at Advanced Pain care is an insult to what being a medical provider means. The business itself states "ADVANCED PAINCARE" A spine specialist sent him a referral so as to control my pain. I never heard back, I followed up with leaving one message after another and finally I was told to go see another doctor. Two weeks of waiting in pain to be told that is beyond unprofessional. AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID if you care about yourself AVOID. After reading other reviews about Dr. Michael Fishell I am glad I never got in.I love living in Nevada but horrendous medical practices I have observed or been a victim of in 3 years I have lived here. A pain specialist should address any patient in pain, it is part of the Hippocratic Oath. Shame on you Dr. Michael Fishell you violate your Hippocratic oath and lack ethics and morality. If you are in real pain find someone else who will address your pain and treat you as a person not another patient. No human element here is applied.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2014

I saw Dr Fishell for the first time.I found him to be a Great Doctor.I felt very comfortable, he's extremely knowledgeable and helpful. He took his time with me and answered all of mine and my husbands questions.It nice to see that there are still doctors left with those old fashioned values and that we are not just a name and a number with a dollar sign attatched.I would recommend him to anyone who wants to feel like they actually matter.This is coming from someone who is tired of being hearded in and out of other doctor s offices.Keep up the great care Dr.Fishell! You are rare but valued doctor.Thsnk you for that experience.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

April 3rd, 2014 Met Dr. Fishell, discussed very little about me, he talked more about Obama care and government. I gave him a MRI & referring Doctor Report, MRI was done Feb 2014, Doctor Duke report dated March 31, 2014. The referring Doctor want me to have injection in my neck as x-rays indicated so did the report. Went in for injection on April 8, 2014, No one at anytime asked me where the injection was suppose to be. Doctor Fishell gave me the injection in my lower back (the wrong place) it was suppose to be in my neck, got very sick from the anesthetic. My husband called office several times that day, no One would answer the phone or called him back. Met with Doctor Fishell a week later, and he blamed me for all of his mistakes. All I can say is Beware of this Doctor. PS Some how he got a MRI I had on my back 5 years earlier. Said this was the only report he had. Why would a Doctor use an MRI dated 5 years ago, when I had just given him a recent one on my neck?

flag | Submitted May 5, 2014

Dr. Michael Fishell's Credentials

• Univ Of Ut Sch Of Med, Salt Lake Cty Ut 84132 (Grad. 1990)