Ratings for Dr. Pelin Kocdor

Abused, discriminated and dismissed!!!! I had surgery on my nose on 6/5/2014, by Dr. Paparella and his surgical assistant Dr. Pelin Kocdor. I was having issues breathing through my mouth after my surgery and I was not getting enough oxygen. I was very clear and direct with the medical staff and Dr. Kocdor about my difficulty breathing. The medical staff and Dr. Kocdor was completely dismissive about my concerns. I complained for over 8 hours before anyone attempted to listen and provide me with any assistance with my breathing issues. I had to self advocate for admission because Dr. Kocdor was determined to discharge me the same day. She kept trying to assure me in the most aggressive way that I was fine and nothing was wrong with me. At midnight, there was a shift change. By this time I was very fatigued agitated. I made it very clear to the nurse who just arrived that if she didn't respond, she was going to have a rough shift. I told the nurse that no one was listening to me and I felt like they were making me suffer. I explained to her how I have been having a difficult time breathing through my mouth and how the machine kept going off. She brought me a oxygen machine that would assist me with my mouth breathing. I felt a little relief and I was able to relax. The next morning, I was still not feeling my best, I did not feel comfortable with breathing without assistance, but Dr. Kocdor was determined to see that I was discharged. She did not bother to ask how I how felt. She did not bother to ask why I was administered an oxygen mask to assist me with breathing. She never bothered to ask why I requested to speak to Dr. Paparrella in the middle of the night. Dr. Kocdor's aggressive behavior became worst the following morning. She continued her tirade about how I was fine. We got into a yelling altercation in the morning when she tried to discharge me. I told her I was not going anywhere. I was not ready to be discharged because I was still having issues breathing without the machine. Dr. Kocdor said that she would extend my stay to the afternoon, but after that, I had to go. Around 3:00 pm, Dr. Kocdor told me I had to leave and I had no more energy to argue with her. After my discharge, I continued struggle with breathing. I would wake up gasping for air because the mouth breathing was extremely challenging. I did not get any real sleep until the tubes were taken out of my nose. The care I received was substandard and it felt discriminatory. None of the staff explained to me why I was "okay." They were dismissive with me and the only time I was able get the proper care was when I got aggressive with the medical staff. The staff ignored all my complaints. I went through a panic every time I heard the machine going off during my stay. I was not comfortable or ready for discharge, but Dr. Kocdor made it her duty that I leave as quick as possible. Her interaction with me was disparaging and her bed side manner was awful. I had no energy to argue with her, so I left. My conditions did not change after my discharge. I continued to struggle to breathe, I got very little sleep and my anxiety did not eases until the tubes were removed from nose. I never went back for my follow up because of the bad experience I had. Dr. Paparella's office nor the hospital appeared to have any concern. I felt I was profiled as a person of no insurance, integrity and undeserving of care. It's over a year that this has happened and I remember it like it was yesterday. I relive that experience of anxiety anytime I have the slightest sinus or allergy problem at night. The treatment I received caused me pain, humiliation, confusion, and anger.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

Very smart, she diagnosed me on time and helped me a lot.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015