Ratings for Dr. Peter F. Cobb

I waited 1 week for my appointment. at first i liked DR Cobb he seem like he was interested in helping me . I told him the Issues i was having . and after a short conversation he sent me to get a Xray .and said i would here from him later that Day. 4 days later i hear from some assistant. she told me my Xrays were fine and there was no need to follow up.(THATS IT) Really?????? what a waist of my time. Now i have to start over . he never offered any advise on my issues . Im going to contact my insurance company just to see how much he got Paid for waisting my time . and Im going to file a complaint . With the state medical board. for incompetent practice

flag | Submitted May 28, 2018

The same thing happened to me as in the rating submitted on August 28, 2014. I thought the world of Dr. Cobb. He was one of the best physicians and people I have known. I called to make an appointment and was told that he decided that he no longer needed me as a patient and refused my appointment request. The lady that I spoke with wouldn't tell me why I was being "fired" by my Dr. I asked her if she would let me speak with him to see what was the issue. She said he would rather not speak with me. I implored her if she would ask him to talk with me. She said she would and for me to call back the next day. I did, and he refused to speak with me. I was more hurt than angry. That is a very strange feeling to have being a middle age man about someone that I never used his first name. I was one of the first patients of his when he moved to Smyrna. I trusted him completely, with my wife, my newborn, everything. Very, very disappointing.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

after 12 years with dr. cobb he dismissed my husband as a patient and his staff refused to allow my husband to speak to him to find out why.. A patient also, I called and was able to find out that because my husband had complained twice in a survey sent from the docs office about his front desk female staff person being rude, he decided he didnt need our business anymore.. He would not hear my husband's point of view but rather listened to his staff member. He admitted that no one else on his staff had ever had an issue with my husband and that the complaint issues had only started when he hired this young woman. His defense of her and her demeanor and attitude with patients is defenseless.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014

Dr Cobb has been my doctor for years and to say he saved my life is an understatement. He is blunt and he is to the point, but that is what I need. I don't want someone dancing around. I need information and I need it correct and immediate. He is friendly however, and he is professional and he will listen to you. If he does not know what something is, he will find out without just throwing medicine and/or needless procedures at you. If you need a referral he will send you to the best. I once heard him angry. What was he angry with? Someone messing over his patients by not sending flu shots over. He will go into the ring for you and fight. Just do what he asks. If you take meds...take the meds. If he says come back in 3 weeks... go in 3 weeks. He wants to help you.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2011

Such an amazing doctor and fully understands what people need! I would recommend him to many people. He also has just opened up a new office in Murf. Worth all of your time!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2011

After having a bad experience with a walk-in clinic, I went to Dr.Cobb to help with my problem. He was very friendly and to-the-point with me. He treated me very patiently, and I felt very comfortable in his office. After my tests were complete, he even gave me his personal cell phone number in case something happened or I had more questions. Dr. Cobb took it upon himself to contact a surgeon to further look into my condition, and as a result I was saved a trip to the ER. He is now my primary physician and will be for my husband as well!

flag | Submitted September 25, 2010

I love, love this man. He is very helpful and (as others have said) very to the point. I can see how some people would be put off by him, especially if you are an insecure or soft spoken individual. Luckily, I am not! I would much rather be told the absolute up front truth than have a shape shifter as a doctor. Also, if he doesn't have the means to help you in your problem area, he knows some other very knowledgeable specialist doctors to refer you to. He is top notch!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2010

He said the magic words to me 'I don't know what's wrong with you yet, but we'll figure it out'. How can someone not appreciate that? He's to the point, and calls a spade a spade. That's a very positive thing in this arena in my opinion. So glad I found him!

flag | Submitted February 5, 2010

I will say this, I have not seen him in a while and OMG I am so glad to go back to this guy! He was a great help to me and asked all the right questions! I will never go back to my old doctor! He was a great help!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2010

Has seen several members of my family (including my 2 kids) and has taken great care to be attentive and thorough in his examination. He is a straight shooter who does not sugar coat the situation - you will always know the whole truth. Some may confuse that as gruff, but I had rather it be given to me straight that for some doc talking down to me like an uneducated dope or a 4 year child. Great doctor with high morlas and ethics for the position.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Dr. Peter F. Cobb's Credentials

• Suny At Buffalo Sch Of Med & Biomedical Sci, Buffalo Ny 14214 (Grad. 1998)

Top Hospitals in Smyrna, TN