Ratings for Dr. Elena Anna O. De Filippis

Terrible do nothing Dr. In it for the money. It is hard to understand a Dr that has a nothing I can do for you attitude...Now pay up. Sadly, most Dr's with accents are are to understand and don't answer questions. She gets the money and glory and you go home and so sick you feel like dying.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

Dr. De Filippis is a Mayo Clinic physician, so naturally, as a patient I not only expected great care but I also was hoping she would think outside the box for answers to my ongoing health problems. She ran a couple of simple blood tests and told me that if those they came back normal we would continue to search and eliminate. However, when they did come back normal she responded saying I did not meet the criteria for any additional testing and there was nothing more she could do for me. This was disappointing, since I traveled twelve hours specifically to see her, but I understood. I then asked if she could point me in the right direction as to where I should go next to solve my symptoms or offer any suggestions...all I got back was that unfortunately she didn't have any idea what I should do and she was sorry. To me this is unacceptable. You work at one of the best research institutions in the nation and you cannot think of a single suggestion for me and my ongoing symptoms? To me, I feel like I wasn't listened to or taken seriously. She ran the basic blood tests and when they came back normal not only did she not want to do some additional research and try to help me, but she didn't even want to take the time to suggest anything. Sadly, this is both horrible patient care and, to be frank, lazy and far below the standards to which doctors at the Mayo Clinic are held. Mayo Clinic is an amazing institution but this specific doctor leaves much to be desired. I would not recommend her.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015