Ratings for Dr. Ninith Kartha

Dr. Kleppic recommended that my mother see Dr. Kartha because she had memory loss. The first visit we had was a horrible experience. She was demeaning to my mother. Asking me in front of her if I thought she was feeble. Now how to answer that without upsetting my mother. She was abusive and disrespectful. She should be left to experiment on the non-living and a remote corner of the hospital as she has no concern for her patients. Now, 6 months go by and she is no better. We go to Dr. Kleppic who says we need to go back to Dr. Kartha. We explain how demeaning she was but there is no choice because we started with her. This time my sister goes with her. The exact same thing happened. She was angry when she walked into the room. Why were we here? She has dementia and we would just have to put her away. She might as well told my mother "Mary, your brain is dead and so should you be." My mom was physically shaking and looking like she was going to cry. My sister got up and said we don't need anymore abuse. Dr. Kartha then said to make an appointment for 6 months. I don't think so. She certainly does not "treat the human spirit" as a representative of Loyola.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2014