Ratings for Dr. Amanda Johner

Dr. Johner is not only very knowledgeable and an excellent surgeon but also the kindest and most caring doctor I had the pleasure to meet. I underwent a procedure that has a pretty painful post-op and she took great care of telling me all that I should expect with great precision in terms of recovery time and levels of discomfort. She did an amazing job and I couldn't be happier with the results. My quality of life has improved a lot. Unfortunately she has left us to go down to the States to pursue a more advanced formation. I just hope she comes back when she is done, because I wouldn’t like to have any other surgeon after having experienced her.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

I recently had the pleasure of meeting Dr.Johner and consulting with about a condition I had. The conclusion was to do a sigmoid resection . (Due to Diverticulosus ) She was a second opinion and it was a good thing I went to see her. The previous Dr. after a colonoscapy said I would be fine and to start taking Metamucil. I consulted with Dr. Johner and the conclusion was that I should have the surgery. She was professional, polite, understanding and explained the procedure very well in terms I could understand. After the surgery see came and explained to me how bad a condition my colon had been in and that surgery would have been the only option. If in the future a ever need another operation I wouldn't consider anyone but her.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2015

I found Dr. Johner to be thorough,caring and an excellent,skilled surgeon. She was wonderful and explained every step, from breast cancer diagnosis to mastectomy operation.Her follow up care and attention was great. I would recommend her to any woman coping with breast cancer.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2015

I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Johner. She performed a complex abdominal operation on me and I was more than pleased with all interactions. She thoroughly explained everything to me before the operation, saw me everyday while in the hospital and checked up on me many times once I went home. She was always patient, kind and caring. I hope to never need surgery again but I would definitely see her if I needed to!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

Worst patient care experience. Dr. Amanda Johner was too busy to give follow up care after surgery, and her assistant did not have any knowledge of how to care for patient. She ( assistant) actually told me to do "whatever I think is best" when I asked for dietary advice. After a painful major rectal surgery, we were given pain medication for only 4 days and then were referred to emergency room if we need any additional help or have any addition questions. Dr. Johner had explained that this is a really painful procedure and could last a couple weeks, so I didn't appreciate being treated like a drug addict when requesting a single refill. If you want a doctor that is concerned about you or your recovery, this is not the doctor for you. They seem to be a cut and forget operation.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2014

I really love the Dr. Amanda Johner. She is a young and beautiful lady. I can speak with her in a very confident manner. I met her in October this year and with confidence I follow all the prescription. It is not easy to accept a breast cancer. But with her nice approach I continue and follow my new life. It was Dr. S. Gordon who introduce me to my new Doctor. Thank you to him and to her who are taking good care of me. Merci D. Johner de prendre soin de ma santé. Nous aurons un long chemin à parcourir ensemble et je lui fait entièrement confiance. Je vais suivre un programme de soin intense, radiothérapie et peut être chimiothérapie et hormonale pour soigner mon cancer. D. Johner me redonne confiance et la guérison est probable.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2013