Ratings for Dr. James L. Cheshier

My first born suffered severe constipation at just s few months of age, causing her a lot of pain. I wanted to change her formula and add probiotics. The Dr belittled me about my thoughts and said her condition was just normal and would work itself out. Giving 3 enemas a week is not normal. I changed her formula and added probiotics and she began digesting normally immediately. My second girl got really sick at 7 months with cough and fever. I took her to see him twice. Both times he turned us away saying its a cold and to let it run its course. After leaving his office for the second time I went straight to the ER where they xrayed her. She had pneumonia. They immediately gave her albuterol and antibiotics. Had I not taken her to the er it could have been bad if not detrimental. He over-books appointments. Is only in the room for a few minutes just to make an appearance after his nurse has seen us. He doesn't seem to show any signs of maintaining his knowledge base since he received his degree. His knowledge of probiotics was completely nonexistent, even so far as asking me what probiotics are. he also didn't seem to understand how a baby could have a hard time breaking down complex proteins, even when I proclaimed that my babies family has a history of irritable bowel/spastic colon. We switched doctors.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2015

Dr. Cheshier was my doctor and is now my daughters doctor. Do I feel he is the best? No. He does listen to my concerns, he just isnt very thorough. I do think he knows what he is talking about, though, I think he just may be bored, he has been doing it for a very long time. He even saw me on a Saturday when I was 21, because other doctors couldn't find what was wrong with me, and he knew right when he saw me and I was admitted to the hospital right then. He does care, but maybe for the people he really knows... sadly I feel that way. We also, took my daughter to another doctor and, ended up bringing her back to Dr. Cheshier, because, he understood our financial buourdon and worked with us on our bill to him. Overall, I'm pleased, but wish his Nurse Practioner, Mary Lyn could be my daughters doctor.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2013

When my little brother was 16 months, he got a penny lodged in his throat and couldn't eat. My mom didn't know about the penny, he would just make an awful face when he went to swallow and cry. Dr. Chesier sent her away multiple times, saying it was nothing. They had to put him back on formula full time for almost two months before another doctor did an x-ray and found the penny. He saw my daughter in the hospital at her newborn appointment and seemed very nice and reassuring, but I know better.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2012

I have used him with all 4 of my children. I have been satisfied with 3 out of my 4. I don't feel he is that great or helpful with special needs children. If you have "normal" children he is good. But if they need special care, not so great. I haven't had an issue with his front desk staff, maybe it's because I am in there so often they "know" me by name. But his front desk have kept me coming back.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2012

flag | Submitted July 18, 2012

we went to the hospital and my son was admitted he came in and woke me up yelling because my son who isnt even 2 had a bottle instead of telling me how my son was doing. he continued to tell me my son was fat because of the bottle even though he is not and the bottle had water in it i didnt even know water made you gain weight they always told me it was good for kids

flag | Submitted December 4, 2011

I have perfect credit THANK YOU!! He waited almost YEAR to send my very sick child in for an Echo. Then refused to come to the hospital to talk to us after they called him and asked him to come. She almost died before we got her to Children’s Hosp. She had 3 heart defects and had to have open heart surgery.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2010

We've use Dr Cheshier since kids were born. There have been times I felt we were not listened to, but he was always willing to refer us to a specialist to further look into any concerns we had. There are times I feel that he could be more sensitive to a parents concerns and not make them feel "dismissed". Overall I am happy with the care he has provided our children.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2010

We come from a state with outstanding healthcare and this physician is not good. My son was sick last year and with a high fever and the croup and I told him that I had given him Motrin and he still had a fever. He told me NOT to give him Motrin and that pain was GOOD for kids. He also told me to give him Zytec as it could be allergies. He didn't look down his throat or take him temperature. I have also had billing issues with this pediatrician.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2010

Dr. Cheshier is a wonderfull doctor. He has looked after my twins since day 1. He takes time to explane and take the best rought with meds. Staff is so so. Once you get past the front "office" staff nurses and doctor are wonderfull. I wish he would fire and higher a few up front! JMO

flag | Submitted September 16, 2009