Dr. Cameron Nabavi's Credentials
Accepting New Patients
Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients
Dr. Cameron Nabavi joined the Ophthalmic Surgeons & Consultants of Ohio in 2012. He trained as an ophthalmologist, but did further training in reconstructive and cosmetic surgery of the eyelids, orbit and lacrimal system due to trauma, cancer, congenital defects, system diseases and aging. Dr. Nabavi received his undergraduate degree from the University of California, Berkeley where he graduated Magna Cum Laude in Neurobiology. He pursued a career in medicine starting at the University of California, San Diego where he received his medical degree. He completed internship at Scripps Mercy San Diego, followed by a 3-year residency in Ophthalmology at the prestigious Gavin Herbert Eye Institute at the University of California, Irvine. Dr. Nabavi completed a very competitive 2-year ASOPRS sponsored fellowship in oculoplastic and reconstructive surgery with Drs. John Long and Matthew Vicinanzo at the University of Alabama, Birmingham and Callahan Eye Hospital. Dr. Nabavi serves as a Clinical Assistant Professor at the Ohio State University. He also helps in the training of future ophthalmologists through lectures and clinical instruction at OSU and Nationwide Children's Hospital. Dr. Nabavi is board certified with the American Board of Ophthalmology, and is a diplomat of the American Academy of Ophthalmology. He also is a member of the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery. Dr. Nabavi is involved in multiple research studies of the eyelids and orbit including studies of combined blepharoplasty and brow lift, giant fornix syndrome, ectopic lacrimal gland tumors and lacrimal sac stones. Dr. Nabavi lives in Columbus with his wife and son. He enjoys playing guitar, concerts, volleyball and snowboarding.
- University Of California, San Diego School Of Medicine (Grad. 2006)
- University of California, Berkeley (Grad. 2002)
- University of California San Diego (Grad. 2006)
- University of California, Irvine (Grad. 2010)
- University of Alabama, Birmingham (Grad. 2012)
Areas of Expertise
Awards & Recognitions
- America's Top Doctors - Castle Connolly
- Top Doctors - Columbus Business First
Publications & Research
- A novel surgical technique for the treatment of giant fornix syndrome.
- Asphyxiation due to ocular prosthesis ingestion.
- The effect of tissue wrapping on the expansion of hydrophilic orbital implants.
- Histologic features of mesotherapy-induced orbital fat inflammation.
- Does Brow Lifting Affect the Amount of Skin Removed in Blepharoplasty?
- Piezosurgery in External Dacryocystorhinostomy
- The Prevalence of Air Regurgitation and Its Consequences After Conjunctivodacryocystorhinostomy and Dacryocystorhinostomy in Continuous Positive Airway Pressure Patients.
- Prospective Evaluation of Skin Excision in Upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty and Prevalence of Dry Eye
- Prospective Evaluation of Three Different Hyaluronic Acid (HA) Gels to Varying Doses of Hyaluronidase
- Eyebrow position after blepharoplasty
- In vivo prospective evaluation of hyaluronic acid gel to varying doses of recombinant human hyaluronidase injection
- Percutaneous sclerotherapy for low flow vascular malformations of the orbit: a 15 year review