Ratings for Dr. J. David McClanahan

Dr. McClanahan is amazing! I was a high risk pregnancy from the beginning due to my endometriosis, and at 7 months pregnant had to have my appendix removed. He and his staff took excellent care of me from day 1! He answered all 1,000,000 of my question and eased all my fears. 3 years later and I still can't imagine having to see anyone else. My delivery was quick and easy and I felt safe knowing he was taking care of me.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

Doctor McClanahan and his staff are the best!!!! I had two children over the age of 40 and he delivered them both. I did have some health issues and both children where born a little premature. Doctor McClanahan and nursing staff all took great care of me and kept me well informed of all health issues or questions. I could not have asked for better doctor!!! Thank you to McClananhan and his Staff!

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

If you are a high risk patient or a patient with any "issues" this is NOT the doctor to see. Please Fort Smith, get better medical practicioners.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2015

My family has been seeing Dr. McClanahan for years! He delivered both me and my sister when we were born, and now he has delivered both of my children. He is always in a good mood, and ready to see you! He takes the time to build a personal relationship with each of his clients. He has taken such good care of all of us. I will never use another doctor as long as he is around.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

I am a physician in Fort Smith, and he is my personal gynecologist. He is an excellent, skillful, caring, knowledgeable doctor.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2015

Sent my daughter home with preeclampsia she almost died! Rolls his eyes at your pain. Dont go there!

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

Without Dr. McClanahan I wouldn't have either of my children. I am a high risk pregnancy and before Dr. McClanahan I never carried to full term. My kidneys are in horrible shape, throughout my whole pregnancy there was more trouble than not. With Dr. McClanahan my babies made it on time and healthy, he also kept me healthy and comfortable. Dr. McClanahan is always helpful and has all the knowledge that is needed for you and your unborn child. I will not allow any other Doctor other than Dr. David McClanahan to birth my children and take care of my female anatomy. He has saved my uterus from cancer and allowed two very difficult births to be complete and perfect. Thank you Dr. McClanahan and your staff too.. Couldn't have done it without you.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. McClanahan for over 18 years & cannot imagine having to see anyone else. He has always made me feel comfortable & been very throurough. In my opinion you will not find a dr that cares more about his patients as he does.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2012

Very unsatisfied with Dr. J David McClanahan and the overall care.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr McClanahan's for 14+ years and love him! Last year at the age of 38, I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer and had to switch to Breast Care of Arkansas Medicaid for my chemo and radiation to be covered. I was due for a yearly check up and my pcp office called to make the appointment and send a referral but was told that he only took pregnant medicaid patients. I later called and spoke with one of his long time nurses and explained the situation. Long story short, I was scheduled to see him because as he said "YOU ARE MY PATIENT NO MATTER WHAT THE INSURANCE" So he did my yearly exam and then in February when I was thru with chemo and radiation, he did a hysterectomy and that was the easiest part of the whole cancer ordeal. I felt so at ease with him because he has been my doctor for years! He's the kind of doctor who will come up and hug you in the grocery store when he sees you!! He's done that to me on more than one occasion!! LOVE HIM!!!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2012

Dr. J. David McClanahan's Credentials

• University Of Arkansas College Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)