Ratings for Dr. Mary Kathleen Stone

Can be rude. You never know what to expect. I doubt her integrity out of the office. my husband bumped into her a few years ago on two separate occasions socially and she appeared high. I wouldn't want her operating on me.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2017

I have known Dr. Stone for 17 years. I worked with her professionally with patients. She was an unbelievable surgeon & one of the best OB docs I have ever had the pleasure to work with. The compassion along with the skills required are a rare combination for some. Kathleen definitely has both. I now see Dr. Stone as a patient, since we no longer work together. To be on the other side and be in her care, I can see her from another view. She far exceeds any expectations I have ever had for my own OB/GYN doctor. She treats everyone the same and spends as much time with them as needed. She never rushes her patients nor makes them feel unimportant. She treats her patients like "family". It will be a sad day when she decides to retire (not implying it will be soon)! Just pointing out they just "don't make" doctors like her anymore. Dr. Stone is one of a kind. Thank you Kathleen for all you do and have done in your profession. People are extremely lucky to have you taking care of them.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

Dr. Stone was my OB for my first born. I had a wonderful pregnancy experience. It was like visiting a friend. She is very experienced and knowledgeable. She listened to my questions always. I just love her. She has pull too. She's been around long enough that she has a lot of respect in her wishes and judgement when others disagree. Down to earth and has a numerous side at the right times! I love her but I hear she doesn't do deliveries anymore. I'm sad because I'm pregnant again. Ho hum.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

The most compassionate and kind dr I have ever had. As a woman suffering from pelvic pain, you can sometimes get the runaround at other doctors and hospitals. Dr. Stone not only believed my pain, but treated it. I never want to have any other dr again in my life. :-)

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

Not consistent....... Can be very rude and brash yet kind and loving at other times.... Tough to trust that....

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

I've been a patient of Dr. Stone's since I was 19 years old (I'm 33 now). She has always been very caring and truly seems to care about my health and welfare. In the last 4 years I've had two children. My second pregnancy was a little more complicated and ended up having to go back every week from Week 28 to delivery. She held my hand and gave me hugs when I needed to cry, and laughed with me, and made me feel so secure and that I was doing everything right even if the pregnancy wasn't typical. She was there to deliver No. 2 and I am so glad she was!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

Dr Stone cared for my daughter starting her 3rd trimester (my dtrs OB/Gyn gave short notice that he was moving OOT and he didnt have partners). I'm an RN that worked maternity and researched Dr Stone thoroughly as soon as finding out that my dtrs Dr was leaving. Dr Stone was incredible from the beginning. Very compassionate about my dtrs fears of changing to a new Dr, especially considering my daughter had complications with her pregnancy. She worked my daughter in within a couple days of contacting her. Dr Stone had reviewed all of my daughters previous med / prenatal care, my daughter felt like she had been seeing her for years. Dr Stone is very proactive, discussing all options with my daughter and her husband regarding her c-section and other necessary care, even calling me with my dtr present to inform me of the options. My dtrs c-section, follow up care went flawlessly. Dr Stone even made follow up calls to my dtr. I agree with another review if we could give her 10s we would.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2013

I agree she can be compassionate. However it isn't always the case. I am sorry but I do not have great respect for her. Her word is not what she lives by. She judged me and wasnt there when I realky needed her, passed me off to someone else. I thought she was amazing at first. But there was more to her that was sad and disappointing.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2013

My ob was not available so I agreed to see Dr. Stone. She was so cold and degrading I left the hospital 37 weeks pregnant (measuring 44) in tears on Christmas eve. She spent the entire appointment talking down to me every chance she got. This was my third pregnancy so I know what to expect, but she was AWFUL! She even told me I need to have quiet time at 6pm every night (like I'm a child) and said I shouldn't be coming in so much because I don't have maternity coverage. I couldn't even enjoy my baby's heartbeat because she spent the whole time lecturing me on everything. I told her my c-section scar is tender, but she pressed as hard as she could to measure my uterus. Three hours later it still hurts. If you like the ob to treat you like you are stupid, physically harm you, and make you so upset that you end up crying in the parking lot then she is the right ob for you.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2012

Dr. Stone has been most impressive in my plight to understand a severe form of perinatal preeclampsia. She has taken the time to explain in any detail my condition and help me to sort through options for treatment and future pregnancy or a decision to avoid a future pregnancy as the case may be. She is compassionate, a straight shooter, and I appreciate her forward nature and style. I value honesty and a doctor who can explain my health to me and she has exceeded any and and all expectations during my hospitalization and beyond.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2012