Ratings for Dr. Stephen S. Buchanan

I have difficulty finding male doctors that tolerate proactive patients like myself. Dr. Buchanan encourages it! He clearly wants to understand a patients health, and who would know better about it than the patient, right? He listens to questions and suggestions with equal interest. I like a doctor that believes that a patient should participate in their own well being!

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

Dr. Buchanan is incredible. He makes himself available, he remembers things about you that you know he cares. his staff is very helpful, too. he always explains things and finds the right doctors and specialists.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2017

One of the worst doctors ever! Most of his advice is close to BS and it seems to be serving his and his clinic's interest in some way. He gains if through sickness and not if we prevented ailments by being proactive. A doctor who thinks premature greying of hair is normal, does not consider recommended Vitamins/minerals (including Hb) to be important, recommends unsolicited tests, loves steroids is very dangerous. I cancelled my partner's preventive check with him. His smooth talk can fool you.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

After many, many years of not having a primary care physician I felt comfortable with, I am happy to say I finally have one. I never feel rushed and feel like he takes great care in listening to what I have to say. He is very thorough with medical history and has never been anything but pleasant. I have always thought I would be more comfortable with a female doctor and Dr. Buchanan is the first male doctor I have had. I couldn't be more comfortable with him.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2009

Dr. Buchanan did a very good job discussing my health history and problems. He really took the time to get to know me and did not make me feel like he was in a rush to get me out the door. He was honest and thorough in discussing my issues and very prompt in providing follow up and referals. I am very pleased to have him as my GP and have referred others to his practice.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2009

Dr. Buchanan is extremely thorough and follows through with what he says. He has been my primary care doctor for over 6 months now and I am very pleased. Especially compared to other practices, the office staff is helpful and relatively prompt.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2009

I saw Dr. Buchanan when he was briefly associated with Westford Family Practice in Westford, MA in February 2006. I had abdominal pain. The problem with him was that he tried to make diagnoses not relevant to my problem. He also tried to treat some hypertension with medication that caused painful circulatory symptoms (cramps in my leg muscles). He was blase'and accusatory in his attitude towards me. As for the staff, the office staff "fouled" up in scheduling hospital test appointments. The nurse practitioner "bruised" my right arm when she inserted a needle to draw blood. I ended up discharging him and the entire office staff after only two visits within a two-month period. I would not recommend Dr. Buchanan. Since July 2006 I transferred to Dr. Andrew Dilernia in Concord, MA, who is affiliated with Emerson Hospital in Concord, MA.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2008

Very thorough. Gave many details and discussed options. Fabulous doctor.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2007

Dr. Stephen S. Buchanan's Credentials

• UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS MEDICAL SCHOOL (Grad. 2000)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Framingham, MA