Ratings for Dr. Anthony Borelli

Dr. Borelli is unfriendly, condescending and unethical in his billing practices! He saw my son for a injury to his big toe. He looked at the X-ray and right away said "it's not broken, it's just a bruise to his growth plate." He then told us it was technically a fracture, but that he just needed to reduce his activity somewhat and rest it . He then brought out some crazy uncomfortable velcro strap which he said they make people wear after surgery. I asked him if we could just tape with Coban tape (ace-bandage like) as another Podiatrist had us do when this happened to another one of his toes and he gave me a dismissive, flippant response. He just wanted to sell us the $150 strap - which was frankly unwearable! The real problem came when we got the bill. In addition to a "detailed" office visit charge of $179 (ok, normal expected) he charged a $268 additional, separate billing code for treatment of fracture ( in addition to an expected X-ray charge). He DIDN'T TREAT ANYTHING - JUST LOOKED AT IT/SQUEEZED IT!! So now you get charged more depending on what your diagnosis is - not based on procedures actually performed by the doctor!! I think, frankly, he even called it a fracture so he could bill this code, as he admitted he couldn't see ANYTHING on the x-ray. $426 (after insurance) that I owe for a bruised toe. Whats more, I office smelled, was dirty - so much so my 11 year old boy (typical boy not a germ or dirtophobe) didn't even want to sit in the waiting room chairs and felt gross having his legs/feet touch the exam table (which had no covering of any kind). Gross office, people who are clearly in it for the money. Go somewhere else!!!!!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

" Dr. " Borelli misdiagnosed the problem. He performed surgery without pre surgery testing, filed a report that I disputed. I had to have two corrective surgeries to attempt to straighten out the mess he left me in. When I kept complaining of the same pain, he just blew me off. He and Weil are the WORST. They care NOTHING about people. It is just about money. I have been through hell because of their horrible "care".

flag | Submitted January 13, 2014