Ratings for Dr. A Kok

Great doctor, but not happy about always having to wait

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

I love Dr Kok. She is a caring, empathetic doctor with good knowledge and has referred us out to specialists when needed. I'm very happy she's my doctor. She runs thorough tests and goes over the results for me thoroughly. However my one complaint is that I consistently wait an hour for her at every appointment. This is too long considering I either have a babysitter or have three small children with me. It's clear she's overbooking herself.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

When my previous doctor retired I was so happy that he found a replacement. Dr. Kok is full of empathy and like my previous doctor knows when to refer out. I have to book a week ahead....as far as I'm concerned that's typical. I never expect a family doc to be available on a moments notice unless it's a real life or death emergency. She has never been late and one time when her staff screwed up she stayed after hours to see me. I'm so thankful that she is my new doctor. Having chronic long term undiagnosed problems is not something most docs want to see but she has helped me the most and is working to get me to the right specialist.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2016

I was a patient of Dr neufeld (great doctor!) so a tough act to follow...but she is knowledgeable and takes the time to listen to you. I have no complaints about her though the front end staff are so rude... They really need to work on that.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

I am a young mom with 3 young children. I was recently a patient of Dr. Neufeld, then Dr. Clarence and now Dr. Kok. Waiting is a given. (unfortunetly) but I do like that they have kids books and a table for them. Dr. Kok is a wonderful and refreshing Dr. She is professional and takes the time to listen. I feel she really cares and does her best to understand. I haven't gone for any "Serious" issues but I appreciapte that medication was not the only option she gave but also gave natural options/advice too. That was a BIG plus for me!

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015

Dr. Kok is lovely. However, I think she may just be a bit inexperienced. She is young and tries her best to learn, but there are some things she doesn't seem to know. It took 3 trips to the doctor with a 'rash' before we came to our own diagnosis, and returned to her - making her finally acknowledge and realize it was something much worse. Horrible waits all the time too!!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

I loved Dr. Neufeld, but Dr. Kok is nothing like him. I asked her the pros and cons of a certain medicine and she didn't even mention the fact that you can only take it for 2 years. Id say that's a pretty big con. It was a very common medicine too so the fact that she didn't mention that was concerning. Also whenever I do have an appointment I end up waiting for upwards of 45 minutes. Now I completely understand that things happen and there will be a wait every once in a while but almost every time is ridiculous. Also just a heads up from the staff when you sit down that there will be that long of a wait would be nice. Even if you ask them they're so rude about it like you should expect to be waiting for an hour. Probably going to be switching Doctor Offices.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

My experience with Doctor Kok is nothing short of excellence. Always on time and appointments are usually within a week

flag | Submitted January 24, 2015

I have been a patient at this clinic for my entire life, and now I am looking for a new doctor's office. I can never get an appointment, unless I want to wait 3 weeks. The staff are so curd and rude; which really adds to the overall dissatisfaction! I find that Dr Kok is nice, but I could do without having to wait an hour to see her (when I can finally get an appointment). I often have no choice but to go to the clinic or the ER in order to have my rare condition treated. I do not recommend her or this office, where once I only had great things to say about them.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014