Ratings for Dr. Marcia Fukunaga

Great with kids. Takes time to explain and runs on time.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2017

I absulutly loved this doctor ,I saw her today cause my regular doctor is on holidays , and I wish she was accepting new patients because she was wonderful . It's always been difficult for me to find a doctor I like and she definatley gets a 5 out of 5 from me

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

If you have a serious illness. Do not go to this doctor.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

Couldn't ask for anything more from a family doctor! She is great.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

Dr Fukunaga is professional ,kind & courteous. She always gets to the root of the matter & solves any health issues. If she is running late she is always apologetic.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

Would never recommend this doctor. Lack of care. Constantly cancelling appointments. Over hour wait. Very disappointed

Submitted August 21, 2016

I am so happy to have met Dr.Fukanaga, she explains everything to me and is so easy to talk to and I never feel rushed. She is very knowledgable and every question I ask she always finds an answer for me and that makes me feel good :) I could not ask for anyone better !! :)

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

I was fortunate to have Dr. Marcia Fukunaga in the Nanaimo ER room. I was just lucky she was next up for my file out of the other rotating ER doctors. I have had scary experiences on 2 occassions going to the ER here and 1 as hospital patient. It was the staff of nurses actually those times but my claims of abuse were ignored by the doctors when told afterwards. So I delayed going there a few days, hoping pain would just go away. I couldn't see a GP for a few weeks, a walk in was so full, likely I would not get in. So on the third day, in the afternoon I went in, very apprehensively. I was in too much pain. IAside from a single nurse brusing my arm badly with a to tightly applied blood pressure cuff and telling me to just hang on.... she got no readings BTW and redid it again properly the second time... despite a single minor incident compared to previous horrific experiences... the doctor was thorough, polite, thoughtful, patient, attentive AND expedient at the same time. Nice, competent and professional often are a rare combination. She had her suspisions on likely bad internal infection but sent me for blood and ultrasound to confirm andccheck for other possibilities. The staff at these two stations and the orderly who took me down to ultra sound were all lovely, kind, efficient and as professional as I could hope for. I left so relieved I had such a good experience, feeling well cared for, respected by the staff and doctor... I am so glad to be less afraid to ask for help of the Hospital. Today about 2 weeks afterwards, I found a M Fukunaga called on my phone. A follow up courtesy on her ER patient! She's not even my regular doctor but I wish she was. My own doctor nor any other has ever followed up in my living memory. I am thrilled we have her here. PS she fixed me up, her treatment and diagnosis were spot on. And if I had had issues, her call to me would have promted me to discuss them rather than just bare up while dealing with indecision about rolling the dice twice going there dispite of this wonderful experience. I might just have been lucky that time. Sad to think in this way when deciding about reaching out for help. But I would go for her and the staff I met that day. Maybe not that one nurse. It was unnecessary to hurt me, she should have just loosened the cuff a little instead of making me suffer just in case it produced a reading. Would have taken less time too, in the end.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

Dr. Fukunaga was substituting for my regular doctor, and I hope that she will continue to practice medicine in this area. She quickly understood every question and concern I raised. She provided me with better and clearer information than other doctors I had seen. Thank you, Dr. Fukunaga.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2014

Extremely thorough, able to communicate in an excellent manner. I would recommend highly.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2014

Dr. Marcia Fukunaga's Credentials

• BCBS Texas
Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Nanaimo, BC