Ratings for Dr. Donald D. Thornbury

Avoid this doctor if at all possible. If you have an ankle injury and you call this practice, they will force you to go to him and will not allow you to go to any other specialist. I went twice and he did absolutely nothing helpful for my ankle. He could barely even say what my injury was, gave me a cortisone shot which I later found out was not best for my injury and started speaking of surgery after the second visit. I've now been to physical therapy and the injury is just about healed. If they try to tell you that you need to go to Dr. Thornbury, then I would recommend calling a different practice entirely. Don't waste your money.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014

Overt a period of three years,2008-20010, and three failed operations hoping for relief, my left foot is worse than when his treatment began. Any walking pressure on this foot feels as though a rock remains in my shoe.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2013

This Dr is a very capable surgeon. He continues to treat a very complicated calcaneal fracture with serious complications. His skill is in the surgery part of therapy. He is very knowledgable but you have to really ask questions.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2007

Dr. Donald D. Thornbury's Credentials

• Univ Of Al Sch Of Med, Birmingham Al 35294 (Grad. 1978)