Ratings for Dr. Stephen Sungeul Im

I wish I could leave a rating with less than 1 star for knowledge. He missed a very serious condition affecting my unborn twins (stage 4 TTTS at 18 weeks gestation), which would have been fatal within a very short time to my twins. By some grace of luck or god, another doctor noticed some of Dr. Im's notes sitting on the receptionist's desk and saw red flags. This other doctor called me personally, invited me for an ultrasound the following morning and I had the surgery that afternoon at Mt Sinai (they don't do that surgery at St. Mikes). My children will have lifelong battles because the condition went undiagnosed for so long by Dr. Im. Now that I know a great deal about TTTS, it is unconscionable that he didn't notice it: I had ALL the warning signs. As well, I had been requesting a referral to the High Risk Unit for weeks. Dr Im denied multiple requests for transfer to a High Risk unit and you cannot self-refer. It wasn't until my husband (a lawyer) came with me and asked quite strongly that Dr Im agreed to send me for a check up at the High Risk unit within St. Mikes, and made the referral. THAT VERY AFTERNOON the other doctor saw my file sitting on the desk, called me and my babies lives were saved. The two surgeons at Mt Sinai estimate the babies had 24 hours to live without the surgery.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2018

The secretary staff was so rude. Put me on hold and then hanged up on me. I had to call again and he was behaved so rudely.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016