Ratings for Dr. Michael Defina

Best doctor I have dealt with. They will get me in asap even if it meant that I am the last patient to be seen (if I can make it another day then I'll make an appointment for then instead). Only downside is that he works 3 day a week there. He'll go out of his way to find something out if he doesn't know/received, whether it be scans/xrays, specialists or new medical procedure and how it can effect me and will keep his promise to call you back (and its always that day!). Never once has have I get gotten the feeling that my questions are dumb and he doesn't rush you out of the surgery. I thought I was pregnant and wanted a blood test. He did my obs and wrote me a referral another 10 mins in there? ..... no problem. And funnily enough the other patients waiting don't seem to mind as they know that he is thorough and would do the same for them too! He actually cares for his patients. I had a hard time last year and he called me out of the blue to check that I was okay and asked me to pop to see him and have a chat. How many doctors do that?! I really want to recommend him but if I do then he'll get more patients and then it'll be harder for me to get in to see him :)

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

The most caring doctor I have ever dealt with for both myself and my children. Works with compassion and proficiency and is downright honest. Very thorough when checking patients. Unlike like the majority of these doctors today who are in a massive hurry just trying to earn more $$$. Also, another thing I appreciate about this doc is that if you have a phone query, he will happily take it, instead of hearing the usual "oh doctor's too busy i.e too good to speak to you". The only drawback is this doctor only works 3 days a week which is a real inconvenience. Of all doctors I have come across, this one I trust most with his level of knowledge and decision making about prescriptions/diagnosis. Keep up the awesome work doc!

flag | Submitted October 13, 2013