Ratings for Dr. Donna Reist

After my experience with Donna Reist, I find myself worrying about the wellbeing of her current clients who may experiencing a severe mental health disorder. At first, my visits with her provided me hope that she would be able to help me and my major depressive symptoms would lessen. However,my depressition got worse and unbearable. I would tell her that I wanted to end my life while tears flowed. I was at the end of my rope. She continued to tell me that I didn’t need medication. My husband told me to stop seeing her and after a hospital visit, I was placed on medication. My illness was beyond her scope of practise and I wish she would have identified that and give me clear instructions to tell my husband. At the time, I was unable to rationally and was developing a plan to end my suffering. Since I was only getting out to see her at the time, she could have helped me find treatment that I needed sooner, which could have prevented a day or two of suffering. She continued to tell me that I did not need medication I am currently not working shifts and still experience symptoms despite being on medication. Unfortunately, I may not achieve complete remission for years due to the long length of my MDD episode and Dr Reist behaviour and practices contributed to this. I am happy I was put on medication and I am now able to lead a more productive and fulfilling life. Talk therapy now works for me due to being stabilized and being in partial remission of MDD. See her if you need to talk but do not see her if you need diagnosis and treatment for a mental health disorder.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2018

I saw Dr.Reist many years ago and we worked together to help rebuild my life. At times very difficult work. Today and for many years now I enjoy my life. And when normal life struggles come up I have so much to draw on from our work together. Thank You.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2018

We brought our child for testing and everyone was so friendly. My son loved working with Angela and she was so helpful to us. Thank you for helping my son.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2018

This clinic is a wonderful place. They were helpful and I would have no problem recommending them.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2018

I saw Dr. Reist when dealing with the sudden death of my mother. I found her to be warm, patient and empathetic. I would not hesitate to recommend her. Thank you.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

This woman is truly the worst professional I have come across. She charged us an absurdly large fee for educational testing and refused to assist my daughter or answer any questions about the findings after the fact. After telling my daughter there was something physically wrong with her brain she refused to speak with her any further or administer any more tests to get to the bottom of the situation, and was unable to adequately explain the findings of her tests (which she did not administer herself, but rather had a student do). When my daughter emailed her some time later after still having difficulties in school, she refused to meet with her, told her to stop bothering her with long emails, and threatened to charge her credit card. Do not spend your time or money on this ignorant and rude woman, she will treat you and your child as unwanted, inadequate and burdensome.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

She was slow to respond, unable to answer any of my questions and overall unhelpful despite her hefty fees.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017