Ratings for Dr. Deborah A. Barto

I have been going to Dr. Barto for several years. She is one of the few doctors I've visited where I don't feel like I'm on an assembly line. She spends an adequate amount of time with me and listens. She has always called me personally with test results and is willing to mail them as well. She is caring and thorough.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2011

I have been Dr. Barto's patient for 15+ years. I drive the bridge to see her. She is very competent, very knowledgeable and completely responsive to my needs. I have yet to have an unsatisfactory experience and have recommended her to many of my friends - all of whom have visited her with equally positive results.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2010

Dr. Barto is a mix. In some respects she is kind and helpful, but her negatives far outweigh her positives. I will not return to her. She referred me to a blood specialist, then failed to return a call from that specialist. Blood specialist required copies of a critical test result that Dr. Barto said she had. Blood specialist ran a second round of blood tests and needed to compare them to Dr. Barto's results. Dr. Barto said I had a blood clotting disorder, but it turned out she had no test result to back up her claim. The specialist found NO blood clotting disorder and took me off Coumadin. Dr. Barto either misinterpreted or actually lost my critical test result--her office is unorganized and her desk has a pile of papers 2' tall. She delves into the supernatural, which does not belong in the office of an Internist. She prescribed 5 aspirins daily for phlebitis...this shocked my vascular surgeon as it could cause stomach bleeding. I completely lost all trust in her at that point.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2008

Dr. Barto is a warm, caring practitioner. She listens to what you have to say and integrates everything into her diagnosis.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2007

Without any tests at all, Dr. Barto decided my husband was suffering from memory loss. He had recently had prostate cancer surgery, and she asked him if he felt "like a different person" after his surgery. She went on to tell us her belief that when a patient is anesthetized, it allows disembodied "spirits" to enter the patient's body and change the way they behave and think after surgery. We were shocked to say the least!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2007

She told me I wasn't sick enough to take seriously. Also told me my problems were "all in my head" and to read some self-help book. She hadn't heard of one of the medications I had tried in the past, even though it is a chemotherapy/anti-rejection drug and she's supposed to be an Oncologist in addition to an Internist! Also, she accused me of forcing her to give me a referral when I had done no such thing.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2007

I love Dr. Barto! She is very motherly in the very best way.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2006

Ihave never been treated so poorly in my life by someone who calls herself a doctor. If you want someone with compassion, concern, and who treats you with dignity, dont see Debra Barto

flag | Submitted October 15, 2006

Dr. Deborah A. Barto's Credentials

• Hahnemann University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1974)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Kirkland, WA